Thursday, February 16, 2006

Holy Crap!

That title needs to be read in a Peter Griffin voice.

Some reporter from DC who is writing a piece for the Oscars about people who are intrigued by celebrities e-mailed me and asked to talk to me. It'll probably be something like, "Jenny G is a big loser who has such a boring, meaningless life that she has to spend her time reading about celebrities lives." Should I whore myself out? The answer is clearly yes.

We got our Sunday paper today, for some strange reason. I think our neighbor was hoarding it. Damn Mennonites! Turns out I didn't miss much, but the Car Talk column was funny. If it's wrong to love the Car Talk guys, then I don't want to be right. I actually sat in my car for about 15 minutes one day after I got home from the grocery store listening to them bitch about SUVs. Good stuff.

I just heard that a teacher at the school district where my dad worked for 27 years killed himself in a classroom. Apparently he shot himself last night hoping that the custodians would find him, but instead a substitute teacher and 10 students found him. And Rusty thinks she has some bad days subbing! I don't really understand killing yourself at work. Well, I understand wishing you would spontaneously die at work, since I feel that way every day, but actually bringing a gun? Do it in your car or something.

Good news for Office fans! They have ordered 1 more episode, bringing this season's order to 22 episodes (a full order). Apparently after the Olympics we will have new episodes till the end of March and then reruns till the finale in May. Woot! Then I will go through massive withdraw until the DVD comes out. The season 1 DVD with only 6 episodes just won't cut it. I ordered the British version (series 1 and 2 and the specials) from Amazon, but it hasn't shipped yet.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

Oh, definitely whore yourself out!

And in season 1 of The Office (US) DVD, there's an error in the episode description of one particular episode. Can you find it??? Hmmm???

- D.

2/16/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

Hey! How do you know cool reporters like that who want to ask you questions about the Oscars? :)

2/16/2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

I'm all dor your whoring yourself out. lol

I had a teacher who committed suicide. Not at school, though. Jeez ...

2/17/2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Dim, do you mean when they refer to Jim as John? I don't remember which episode, but I do remember that.

Feather, I don't know her, she must have just googled "celebrity gossip" or something and found my blog.

Mess, see what happens when you're a doubting Thomas?

Goddess, LOL. There was a teacher at my school who died of a heart attack during class. I can't imagine how traumatic that must have been.

2/17/2006 9:48 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thank you for your comment!!

My Dad used to listen to the Car Talk guys all of the time. I just like their accents--it brings back memories of college!! Since everyone at Salve talked like that.

Peter Griffin. LOL.

2/17/2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

Who is Peter Griffin?

2/17/2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

Yep, that's the one. I think it was for The Alliance, but I'm not sure.

- D.

2/17/2006 12:45 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Peter Griffin is the dad on Family Guy, the cartoon on Fox.

2/18/2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

Ah, I see said the Blind Man. :)

2/18/2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Hey JennyG, hope you had a good weekend. Then again, maybe you're still having a good weekend and I'm the only shmuck who's working today. lol

2/20/2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home