Monday, February 06, 2006

I'm No Martha Stewart

Yesterday I went to a knitting class with some old coworkers. In 2 hours I got about 2 square inches done. So much for giving everyone hand-knitted tea cozies for Christmas this year! I had all these dreams of making sweaters, socks, blankets... So far what I have been able to do is an 8-inch by 3-inch piece of something with dropped stitches all over the place. Chris said that I finally took the last step towards becoming an old biddy. Someday I will raise my own sheep on corn that I grow myself (is that what sheep eat?) and then shear them, spin their wool into yarn, and make sweaters.

I'm so glad the Super Bowl is over. I was getting tired of people looking at me like I had 3 heads when I told them there was no way I could possibly care less about football.

On Saturday morning I was flipping through the channels and I came upon the Bratz cartoon. In the cartoon they were trying to hypnotize guys to fall in love with them and spend money on them. Say what you will about Barbie, but at least she got her own damn job and didn't have to have Ken take care of
her.

Office fans enjoy Thursday's episode since it will be preempted by the Olympics.

I am SO geeked about getting my tax return; I'm getting almost a grand back. It should be coming on Friday. I'm saving half of it, and I almost have the rest of it spent in my mind. I'm getting couple CDs, the British version of The Office, some underwear (I know this is TMI, but I haven't bought new underwear in ages), possibly some shoes, and a bunch of stuff that's boring to other people, but not to me. My dad doesn't understand why I have so much withheld from my paychecks; I don't see how you cannot understand wanting to get a grand in the middle of February.

9 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Are you serious about The Office?? Ugh. That sucks. I was just watching Martha Stewart earlier. She had Barry Manilow on and he asked what you do in a kitchen. He is a bit scary looking. Don't feel about the knitting, I don't know how to sew period. How bad is that?

Congrats on your tax return too. I would spend it on the same kind of stuff. :-)

2/06/2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Yep. It'll be on the 9th, and then not again till March 2nd. HA! My parents just saw Barry Manilow in Vegas about a year ago. Some woman told them she has seen him like 50 times. I don't know how to sew either. I can barely do a button.

2/06/2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

do you have more $ than "normal" taken out of your check? Is that how you're getting so much back?

normally, I'd have my freaking taxes already done. but whath with living in utah last year, i have to wait and file those (otherwise, my fed. taxes won't match) and I'm waiting for some booklet to come.....CRAP!

2/06/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Wow,that woman must be Barry's biggest fan. I could just picture tons of 40-60 year old groupies at his concerts.

That totally stinks about The Office. Last week I only got to watch the last 15 minutes too.

And yeah, at some point in my life I'll learn how to sew and to cook!! At least I know how to clean and do laundry though. :-)

2/06/2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I have them take out 1 deduction instead of 0, but I have no clue what for. I don't understand any of that tax stuff.

Yeah, I think old people are the only ones who like him. Last week's episode was ok. It had some moments, but it definitely wasn't the best.

I love to cook, but I don't think I'll ever be able to sew!

2/08/2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Oh man, I can't *wait* to get my tax refund. Fortunately, since I had a start-up business last year that was more expensive than profitable (so far!), I'm getting about $2400 back. And I'm using it for my first order of CDs. Yay!

2/08/2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Ok this: "Someday I will raise my own sheep on corn that I grow myself (is that what sheep eat?) and then shear them, spin their wool into yarn, and make sweaters." is my actual life-dream. :-) I'm not kidding!!!! (except for the corn. I don't think sheep eat corn. They eat hay. But other than that: Yes!)

2/08/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I guess it would help if I know what sheep eat before I raise them!

2/09/2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Goddess: I'm jealous! :)

2/09/2006 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home