Thursday, February 23, 2006

Blech

I've been absent because I have a nice little stomach virus. It started Monday evening and is still going strong today. The awesome part is that I had taken vacation days Tuesday and yesterday, so that was an awesome way to spend them!! Since lunch Monday, all I've eaten that I've kept down is 3 bowls of Jell-O and some Ginger Ale, so I'm understandably weak. It's hard for me to sit, much less stand up and walk around. I feel bad calling in sick today because someone will have to work my evening for me, but I don't think it would look good to have me sitting at the front desk with my bucket in hand.

7 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

Yikes. That stomach virus is hard on ya. I had one not too long ago.

I hope you feel better soon, hon.

2/23/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

My poor Jenny girl. I hope you feel better soon...you sounded like you felt awful on the phone yesterday afternoon! I feel terrible for you that you're having such a yucky time. Get better so we can hang out next week. :)

2/23/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh man, I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon, and don't feel bad about calling in sick. You'll heal up sooner if you just keep taking it easy. And anyhow, if you stay away there's less chance you'll get everyone else sick so they won't have to call in, too, right? Take care and get well!

2/23/2006 8:13 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

You know what's interesting timing? My brother and his whole family (my nephew too) have some freaky stomach virus thing. Fevers (my brother's was 102+) and the baby had a high one too, puking everywhere, all sorts of crap. I hope you get better soon! Oh, and did you hear/see that some people from "The Office" were on "Ellen" yesterday? I thought of you when I heard the clip. :)

2/24/2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

I hate being sick. I lose my concentration.

Which is probably why I'm blogging instead of working.

Hope all feels better soon.

2/24/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, guys. I do feel a bit better and went to work today. I was able to keep down McDonald's at dinner (that's my ultimate way of testing my digestive system), so I think I'm good to go. Feather, yes, I did catch John and Rainn on Ellen as I was flipping through the channels. They were funny!

2/24/2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger j said...

I hate being sick on holidays. I hope it's better this weekend.

--J.

2/24/2006 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home