Saturday, September 03, 2005

Shut Up, Kanye West

Edit 12:03. I am not going to link to this story because everytime I do it goes to a story about Iran saving cheetas. Government conspiracy? I must don my tinfoil hat! If you want to know, just google Kanye West.

What a tool. I'm not defending George Bush, because he's a tool of massive proportions as well, but what a load of crap. Way to turn a benefit concert into being all about you, Kanye. What are you trying to achieve? If you want to pontificate about the state of the country, do it on your own website or on your album so that people who don't give a rat's ass about your opinion don't have to be exposed to it.

Yes, most of the victims appear to be black, but I would venture a guess that the vast majority of the non-tourist population of New Orleans is black. In a predominately black area, wouldn't it stand to reason that most of the victims would be black? It's not George Bush's fault that the city was unprepared and the levee broke because it wasn't maintained. That's why we have local government. George Bush can't be responsible for every problem everywhere (refraining from doing anti-Bush rant).

I know there has been a lot of talk lately about the media bias towards the victims, but that is the fault of the media. George Bush didn't write those captions. If he had they would have read, "2 pepul walkificate down the street. The street is wetified. The pepul are ingageing in the carriation of bred. I like bred." While it's wrong to call white people carrying food, "finding food" while calling black people doing the same thing looting, it is wrong for people to be breaking into businesses stealing TVs and things like that. I can totally understand stealing food, but there is no excuse for stealing anything else. What the hell are you going to do with a TV right now anyway?

I hate the race card, I hate people who spout off opinions that aren't based in fact, I hate people who haven't grasped the concept of there being a time and a place for everything, and I now hate Kanye West, even though I couldn't name one of his songs if my life depended on it. Celebrities need to stop ranting about things that they know nothing about, and people need to stop taking celebrities' opinions as gospel. If one good thing did come out of this, it was the fact that Mike Myers's "awkward!" look is now a classic TV moment.

But enough about that. I wanted to share some pictures from the paper this morning. The first picture is of a cop directing traffic near the York County food bank. Notice the huge line of cars. The second is the parking lot of the food bank. It warms my heart to see so many people helping.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Images courtesy of the York Daily Record.

6 Comments:

Blogger ExBF said...

I completely agree about West (whoever the hell he is)'s remarks. I cannot believe that we actually continue to legitimize entertainers like him & actually entertain their ideas as being worthy of our attention. Especially anyone in the rap business, I don't care what color they are.

If I were a newscaster or a journalist, there would be no way in hell I could even say the name "P. Diddy" or "eminem" on-air without laughing at worst, making finger quotes & smirking at best....can you imagine Walter Cronkite having to announce the breaking news of Diddy's name change? Why is it that nobody else in the world sees this as ridiculous? Am I taking crazy pills?

Aside from that, celebrities just plain don't live in the real world...hence they shouldn't be commenting on it. I'll shut up now...

9/03/2005 9:00 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

I haven't heard what Kanye said but I've heard *about* it. I gotta check this out and see why it's got people so stirred up.

9/03/2005 9:18 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

ex: I agree. P. Diddy announced his name change like it was some world-changing event. Give me a break. I also agree that celebs don't live in the real world so they shouldn't comment. Instead of bitching, Kanye should be donating some of his millions.

goddess: I'm assuming you've seen it by now, but the video is available on putfile.com.

9/04/2005 12:45 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I too am SICK AND TIRED of people playing the RACE card. DARN SICK and tired about it. Is Kanye there? Did he get in one of his many "helicopters" and fly out there? If he was bitching about whatever he was bitching about - he should have gone down there himself. UGH.

9/04/2005 8:17 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

And what gets me more is Kanye West was just on the cover of Time, I believe. I was going to read the article - thought it might prove interesting to read. Now, after hearing what crap he pulled, it's in the trash and the cover is torn. GAH some people drive me NUTS.

9/04/2005 8:17 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I agree totally. He's on the cover of Time? Good Lord.

9/04/2005 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home