Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Part 2

1999
The worst things about graduating in '99 were all the "Save the best for last" cliches and the fact that people wanted Prince's "Party like it's 1999" song to be our class song. It is 1999, so why are we partying like it's 1999?

1. Believe, Cher (If I were a judge I would allow people to use the fact that this song came on the radio as an excuse for justifiable homicide)
2. No Scrubs, TLC (I like this song, but it played everytime I was in the tanning bed for prom, so I was trapped. It got old after the first 50,000 times.)
3. Angel Of Mine, Monica (I know, I know)
4. Heartbreak Hotel, Whitney Houston
5. ...Baby One More Time, Britney Spears (Shut up)
6. Kiss Me, Sixpence None The Richer
7. Genie In A Bottle, Christina Aguilera (Shut up again)
8. Every Morning, Sugar Ray (HATE)
9. Nobody's Supposed To Be Here, Deborah Cox
10. Livin' La Vida Loca, Ricky Martin (HATE)
11. Where My Girls At?, 702
12. If You Had My Love, Jennifer Lopez
(I actually like her late 90s songs)
13. Slide, Goo Goo Dolls (HATE)
14. Have You Ever?, Brandy (HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE)
15. I Want It That Way, Backstreet Boys
16. I'm Your Angel, R. Kelly and Celine Dion (What a combo!)
17. All Star, Smash Mouth (HATE)
18. Angel, Sarah McLachlan (HATE)
19. Smooth, Santana Featuring Rob Thomas (I'm still not sick of this song)
20. Unpretty, TLC (meh)
21. Bills, Bills, Bills, Destiny's Child (I like this song but I hate DC's double standard. Some of their songs are about being independent [this one, Independent, etc.], and some are about being taken care of [Soldier]. Make up your minds!)
22. Save Tonight, Eagle-Eye Cherry (I like this song but it was popular when my grandfather died)
23. Last Kiss, Pearl Jam (Sorry MR. There are some Pearl Jam songs I like, but I think Eddie's voice sounds like a steaming pile of ass in this song.)
24. Fortunate, Maxwell
25. All I Have To Give, Backstreet Boys
26. Bailamos, Enrique Iglesias (Shut up yet again)
27. What's It Gonna Be?!, Busta Rhymes Featuring Janet (LOVE! I bought his CD for this song, and it's the only one I've ever listened to)
28. What It's Like, Everlast
29. Fly Away, Lenny Kravitz (This was popular when my grandfather died too.)
30. Someday, Sugar Ray (For the life of me I can't think of what this song is, but I know I hate it.)
31. Lately, Divine
32. That Don't Impress Me Much, Shania Twain (MASSIVE HATE)
33. Wild Wild West, Will Smith Featuring Dru Hill and Kool Moe Dee (MORE MASSIVE HATE)
34. Scar Tissue, Red Hot Chili Peppers
35. Heartbreaker, Mariah Carey Featuring Jay-Z
36. I Still Believe, Mariah Carey
37. The Hardest Thing, 98 Degrees
38. Summer Girls, LFO (I hate this song.)

39. Can I Get A..., Jay-Z Featuring Amil (Of Major Coinz) and Ja (Only the uncensored version)
40. Jumper, Third Eye Blind (I'm sure I know this one too, but I get all these "bands" confused)
41. Doo Wop (That Thing), Lauryn Hill (She's too smug for me)
42. Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of...), Lou Bega (Catchy, but I wouldn't call it like)
43. Sweet Lady, Tyrese
44. It's Not Right But It's Okay, Whitney Houston (This is my favorite of the singles that she released from this album.)
45. (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time On You, 'N Sync (dreck)
46. Lullaby, Shawn Mullins
47. Anywhere, 112 Featuring Lil'Z
48. Tell Me It's Real, K-Ci and JoJo
49. Back 2 Good, Matchbox 20 (again with the "bands" I get confused)
50. 808, Blaque
51. She's So High, Tal Bachman (hate)
52. She's All I Ever Had, Ricky Martin
53. Miami, Will Smith (I like the part where they say, "Bienvenidos a Miami")
54. Hands, Jewel (I think I may have liked this--blame it on teen angst.)
55. Who Dat, JT Money Featuring Sole
56. Please Remember Me, Tim McGraw
57. From This Moment On, Shania Twain (HATE)
58. Love Like This, Faith Evans
59. You, Jesse Powell
60. Trippin', Total Featuring Missy Elliott
61. If You (Lovin' Me), Silk
62. Ex-Factor, Lauryn Hill
63. Give It To You, Jordan Knight (I LOVE this song! I loved the New Kids, but never really liked Jordan. He was also a douche on The Surreal Life.)
64. Black Balloon, Goo Goo Dolls (No)
65. Spend My Life With You, Eric Benet Featuring Tamia
66. These Are The Times, Dru Hill
67. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Mark Chesnutt (I know the Aerosmith version and don't like it).
68. I Do (Cherish You), 98 Degrees
69. Because Of You, 98 Degrees
(The only 98 Degrees song I like)
70. I Will Remember You (Live), Sarah McLachlan (Great! One of my least favorite songs is on the list twice!)
71. Chante's Got A Man, Chante Moore
72. Happily Ever After, Case
73. My Love Is Your Love, Whitney Houston
74. All Night Long, Faith Evans Featuring Puff Daddy (Diddy, or whatever the hell his name is today, needs to go away permanently)
75. Back That Thang Up, Juvenile Featuring Mannie Fresh and Lil' Wayne (Uncensored version)
76. Almost Doesn't Count, Brandy
77. Man! I Feel Like A Woman!, Shania Twain (HAAAAAAAAAAATE!!! This is one of the worst songs in the history of music!)
78. Steal My Sunshine, Len
79. I Need To Know, Marc Anthony (He looks like a corpse)
80. So Anxious, Ginuwine
81. Faded Pictures, Case and Joe (This song is on the Rush Hour soundtrack, which I own [hides], but I've never listened to it.)
82. Back At One, Brian McKnight
83. When A Woman's Fed Up, R. Kelly
84. How Forever Feels, Kenny Chesney
85. Amazed, Lonestar (1 of 4 country songs that I like.)
86. Sometimes, Britney Spears (HATE)
87. Ghetto Cowboy, Mo Thugs Family Featuring Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
88. Out Of My Head, Fastball
89. Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem), Jay-Z (I own this album. I think it's in the box of albums I'm embarrassed to own.)
90. Jamboree, Naughty By Nature Featuring Zhane
91. Take Me There, BLACKstreet and Mya Featuring Mase and Blinky Blink (I hate the Rugrats; I hate this song.)
92. Stay The Same, Joey McIntyre (Sorry, Joey. Even though I wanted to be your wife in the 80s, I wasn't really feelin' this song.)
93. Lesson In Leavin', Jo Dee Messina
94. Iris, Goo Goo Dolls (One of those bands that are the same as every band in the late 90s)
95. Satisfy You, Puff Daddy Featuring R. Kelly (Yeah, if you're 12.)
96. Better Days (And The Bottom Drops Out), Citizen King (This song makes me want to shoot myself)
97. Music Of My Heart, 'N Sync and Gloria Estefan (No no no no. And John Stevens sounded like ass when he sang this on American Idol.)
98. Write This Down, George Strait
99. When You Believe, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey (I'm surprised the recording studio didn't explode from all the ego in the room while that was being recorded.)
100. God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You, Alabama Featuring 'N Sync (More dreck.)

No wonder the world started going to hell around this time.

2 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

Thank you! :)

9/01/2005 7:32 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

No problem. I'm full of advice and opinions :-)

9/02/2005 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home