Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Celebrity Gossip

I love celebrity gossip. I used to subscribe to People, but they wouldn't let me renew for anything less than a year, and I couldn't justify the cost. I thought I'd share some good celebrity gossip websites with you.

Dana's Dirt - People keep stealing her pictures, but when they're up, they're good.
PerezHilton
The Hollywood A List - You have to register, but it's free and they haven't sent me any junk.
Awful Plastic Surgery - Not really gossip, but interesting nonetheless.

PerezHilton had a picture up today of one of the Olsen twins at a grocery store buying wine. Ummm...do drinking laws not apply to celebrities? Crazy Californians. The PA Liquor Control Board nazis would never allow that. I also wondered how it was ok to have The Real World kids going to bars. Most of them aren't 21. Liquor licenses cost a lot of money...

6 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

Also check out PINK IS THE NEW BLOG. HIGHLY addicting. :)

8/24/2005 8:00 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Whoa, you're right. Sheesh. I saw the first pic of her linked, which was just her looking at jams and holding a squeeze honey bear, and wondered what on earth you were talking about, and duly scrolled down to see her shopping for wine. Criminy. Perhaps she is having a body guard or something produce the ID to buy it for her. More likely, she's just famous, and gets away with it like it seems a ton of famous folks get away with all sorts of stupid crap.

Don't forget Defamer.com. That's always a pretty good one, too.

8/24/2005 9:31 PM  
Blogger Berkeley G. said...

You can get into bars if you're 18 or 19 (depending on state). I get in often as 19 and still manage to drink.

8/24/2005 10:04 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Ohhh! Thanks for more sites!

Here, at least at the nicer bars, they scan your license you so can't use a fake ID. But like I said, the PALCB are MAJOR nazis. We can't buy alcohol at the grocery store, you can only get 6-packs at a bar or a quick 6 place, you can only get wine and liquor at the liquor store, and you can only get cases of beer at the beer distributor.

8/24/2005 10:21 PM  
Blogger j said...

I've noticed the immunity to drinking laws that celebs seem to have when scanning the gossip blogs as well--I think Lindsay Lohan was frequenting clubs at 17, wasn't she?

I had a bunch of gossip blogs on my reading list until I decided cut back--more time for reading real people, plus they all have the same stuff, but I still read Felt Up and The Superficial.

8/25/2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

She's still in clubs and I don't think she's 21 yet. I spent the majority of my workday today reading The Superficial. I shouldn't be so into that stuff, but it's like crack.

8/25/2005 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home