Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Idol Thoughts

I sat down to watch Idol tonight, and I even planned to take notes so I could do a better analysis, but my Ti-faux decided to crash right after Jason got his first scathing review, so here's what I saw:

David C, "Hungry Like the Wolf" - That was a very sexy performance; I'd say it was average for David, but miles ahead of many of the other performances we've ever seen on Idol. What the hell was Paula talking about with the Boys' Club reference?

Syesha, "Proud Mary" (of course) - This is what I wrote, and hand to God I wrote it before the judges' critique: Tina Turner impersonation, too rehearsed, screamy but I wasn't bored.

Jason, "I Shot the Sheriff" - Cute interview; adorable performance. I liked how he changed things up and thought it was authentic.

David A. - ? Thanks Ti-faux. I'm sure he got a tongue bath though.

David C. - "Baba O'Reilly" - Caught this on VCR. I thought it was a very good performance, although I'm not crazy about this song.

Syesha - Good technically. She's not going home tomorrow night, unfortunately.

Jason - Oh no. Well, he looked good and sounded awesome, but forgetting your lyrics is the kiss of death unless you're David Arculeta.

David A. - Fast forwarded. Watching this kid makes me feel like I'm exploiting him; like I'm watching Jon Benet Ramsey or something.

I was really excited going into tonight because no matter what, one of my favorites will be in the top 3. I predict Jason will go home, which is unfortunate because although I'm ok with him being in the top 4, I really didn't want Syesha to last longer than he did. Does she even have fans? At TWoP she has about 40 pages while the Davids and Jason have about 200. David C. is in first, followed by Jason and then David A. I just don't get it. If I could only buy one album from one of these crew it would definitely be Jason, and I know he'll put one out eventually. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go try to figure out why the hell my Ti-faux hates me.

I just found this on TWoP and it sums my feelings up quite nicely "
If I lose my beloved Jason tomorrow, I just hope Cook kicks everyone else's asses."

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

Jimmy Kimmell plays clips and he played the part where Simon laid into him for doing Marley. It was pretty funny..they didn't have him play..just Simon going nuts.

5/07/2008 9:12 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

What an awful Idol. No one was good. Really, anyone can go home tonight. I still really like Cook and hope he wins, but I'm worried that Archuleta is pre-destined for this. And he is just so bland.

Looks like tears will be shed for Dreadhead tonight, but you never know. Daughtry got voted off, so it could be anyone.

5/07/2008 9:22 AM  
Blogger B. said...

I was pretty blah about the whole night. I hope Syesha goes home tonight. Although, Jason was awful.

5/07/2008 4:43 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Okay, I wish I hadn't seen that, B. I'm so emotionally invested in this that it hurts...and besides, I disagree completely.

There was more joy in the performance of ISTS than I've seen from Jason in a long time. He knew he was under the bus, he knew this was his week to go, and he gave them all a musical "fuck you" with that song. Look up the words if need be...he knew exactly what he was doing, and I loved it.

Mr. Tambourine Man was gorgeous, but poor baby forgot the words. That shirt, that guitar, the dreads back...wow, I was in heaven. The iTunes studio version of the song is as beautiful as he is.

I'll listen to it with this image in my mind - and I will argue with anyone who tries to tell me he's a slacker who didn't want to be there. That boy puts his heart and soul in every note, and I've immensely enjoyed seeing him perform all this time.

5/07/2008 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home