Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Idol Thoughts *Edit*

This is being written by Jen's ghost. She has died because Jason sang in Spanish. Wow! Everyone was pretty good last night! I do feel old though...only Michael is older than I am.

Ramiele - I actually didn't think it was as bad as others do. Of course she's no Ann Wilson and was very off-key while she was belting, but I've heard much worse. Please, though, no shit-eating grins during "Alone." Not a happy song.


Jason - Oh, sweetie. As much as I loved watching you and your brother rocking out (if there's one thing this world needs, it's more keytar) and seeing those gorgeous baby blues and chubby cheeks, I think you're a lock for the bottom 3 tonight and possibly going home. AI is no place for subtlety, my dear. If you don't belt or screech they have no time for you. I thought you were really good, but I'm worried. And dude, what were those pants? It's good that you like showing off your long, lean legs, but please burn those pants immediately. Happy birthday! I feel much less lecherous now that you're 21. If it had been David A's birthday there would have been streamers and clowns and cake for everyone in the audience.
Syesha - I'm really not a fan of this genre of music, but she sang it very well. Now she just needs to stop doing that baby cry.

Jacuzzi - I do have to admit that this was boring and I went into the kitchen to do dishes while he was singing, but I heard it and it sounded good.

Brooke - She gets praise for starting wrong and re-starting? K... I really like Brooke when she's playing the piano or guitar and singing. She should never sing without playing again. Weird song choice though. Sometimes I don't think people realize what that song is about.

Michael - Good! I think I may have left out the "We Will Rock You" part though.

Carly - Something about her bothers me, and I don't know what! I wish I did. I thought she did well even though she messed up the words and whiffed that last note.

David - God, this kid annoys the bejesus out of me. Still, he did pretty well. He was born in December of 1990?! Holy shit! Did he say this song was by John Bonham? The only John Bonham I know is Led Zeppelin's drummer, and something tells me this is not his song. Is this a Christian song or something?

KKKristy - "God Bless the U.S.A." makes me embarrassed to be an American, and it's a little hard for me to be patriotic when 4,000 U.S. soldiers have died in this bullshit war. I know I'm a big asshole, but I seriously can't be the only person who hates that dreck of a song, can I? That was a very shrewd song choice. If you don't vote for KKKristy you support the terrorists and Saddam Hussein's non-existent WMDs and Osama bin Laden and high crude oil prices. Or something...

David - Please explain to me how a person is original if he constantly uses other peoples' arrangements? That ridiculousness aside, I love Michael Jackson (he must be pretty hard up), I love "Billie Jean," and I love Chris Cornell's cover of "Billie Jean." I thought David did a really good, albeit not in any way original, job.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

I agree with nearly all of these assessments.

Thank you so much for pointing out David Cook's complete lack of originality! I like his performances well enough, but he keeps getting praised from here to the moon for being original when he's riding the originality of others before him. GAH.

Oh, Jason. My dear, sweet Jason. As I told you this morning, it's more dismay that I feel after last night. The song was simply beautiful, and the Spanish made me get light-headed, but you're so right, Jen - it's strategy, not subtlety, that gets you ahead on AI. While I don't see Jason strategizing, ever, in this competition, he does need to bring it next week, and bring it hard. That is, if he's around. *weeps*

I'm hoping for either Ramiele or Chikezie tonight. She was all screamy, but I don't even remember what he sang, and as you pointed out to me this morning, it's worse to be forgettable than to be horrible on AI.

3/26/2008 11:05 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

All right. Leave it to not-Dim to swoop in and set it all straight.

I think Roumalade is going home tonight. Cold or no cold, she wasn't great. She has a decent enough voice, but definitely seems to have bitten off more than she can chew with this competition. Definitely bottom 3.

Dreadhead - was he singing? I had a hard time hearing him. Very bland performance, the Spanish notwithstanding. I've had my fill of Spanish this week. I give him points for being so utterly baked on national TV though.

Jacuzzi - Didn't like the song, but he sang it well. He has some nice range. Hope they keep him around, but I do envision him in the bottom 3 this week.

Brooke - A snoozefest. The piano ballads are getting to be a little much from her. And since when is starting, stopping, and starting again something that deserves such lavish praise?

Michael - I like this dude and it has nothing to do with him being the only contestant that couldn't be my child. Good song for him. He has a theatrical quality about his voice and he did well. Seems like a nice guy too.

Carly - I totally thought this song was in her wheelhouse and she didn't deliver. Seemed stiff, maybe nervous considering she was in the bottom 3 last week. Flubbed lyrics and that bad last note. Possibly in the bottom 3 this week.

David A - Kid's got a great voice, but the song did him no favors. Didn't even know what it was. Then again, I wasn't born in the 90s.

Kristy - Absolutely brilliant. She couldn't have guaranteed herself a safe spot more if she sang an original song she wrote called "My brother Died When He Was Just a Baby". As for the performance? Eh. She's just OK. Daisy Dukes and a low cut blouse would have done wonders.

Cook - The guy rocks. I don't care that he stole the arrangement. At least they announced that before the song, unlike when Daughtry took credit for "I Walk the Line". He's got a great rock voice. Excellent job.

Syesha - I though she sang that very well.

My personal top 3:

1. Cook
2. Michael
3. Syesha

My personal bottom 3:

1. Dreadhead
2. Roumalade
3. Brooke

Who I think will be in the official bottom 3:

1, Roumalade
2. Jacuzzi
3. Carly

With Roumalade going home.

3/26/2008 12:24 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Not Dim, I think the backup singers (who were not at the top of their game last night) overpowered a few of them. I thought it was hard to hear Jason, too...and dammit, I want to hear Jason every time I can.

3/26/2008 12:29 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Might as well add my thoughts:
Ramiele- This shows how ignorant I am. I think her bio thing said she was born in Saudi Arabia. I thought she was Chinese, and her mom sort of looked Chinese. Is her dad Saudi? That aside, I love that song, but she was a bit screamy. I wouldn't mind if she goes home.

Jason- I didn't like the performance, and Jen, it wasn't the pants that I didn't like, it was the hideous shoes!

Jacuzzi- I think he's boring every week. I also wouldn't mind if he goes home.

Brooke- I love Brooke! I think I'd be friends with her if we knew each other.

Michael- I was a bit scared when they announced his song choice, but he was fabulous.

Carly- I was giving Ella a bath when she sang, so I can't judge her.

David- I didn't know the song either. I think they said it was by some Australian dude. I'm sure he'll be around because he was the 12-14 girl vote.

Kristy- Am I missing something with the "KKKristy?" Is she in the KKK? Please explain, because it's over my head right now. Um (hangs head low) I like that song, but I like Lee Greenwood singing it, not Kristy. She should have been gone the first week of the top 12.

David- I like David. I agree that he's not necessarily original, but I still like him...a lot.

3/26/2008 1:52 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Yeah, when DA said he was born in 1990, that took me aback too. That's just wrong. Where the hell did the time go? But one more year and I will no longer be feeing like a Florida schoolteacher ... LOL

I hadn't heard that Billie Jean arrangement before. I thought it was awesome.

3/26/2008 2:20 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Yeah, Jason's audio was really quiet. Shenanigans!!

I'm with not-Dim on Ramiele going home tonight.

The back-up singer was horrible on Total Eclipse of the Heart.

I can't believe I forgot the shoes! They were hideous as well! He needs to stay away from the stylists.

She did say she was born in Saudi Arabia, but I thought Ramiele was Filippino. I don't care enough to look it up :).

I call her KKKristy because there's some video of her dancing around in front of a Confederate flag. I call him Jacuzzi because I don't know how to spell his real name and again, I don't care enough to look it up.

You have to wait till December till your man's legal...at least mine is no longer a minor :)

3/26/2008 2:24 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

wish I cared about idol...but I read this none the less..hehehe

3/28/2008 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home