Thursday, May 08, 2008

Every Time That I Plant a Seed...

...they say kill it before it grows.

Good bye, sweet Jason. I fully expected not to watch this season after the crapfests that were seasons 5 and 6. That all changed during the top 20 when I saw the most awesome pre-performance package ever:



By the end of that performance, I was smitten. I became something much more than smitten after Hallelujah, one of the absolute best Idol performances ever. I'm talking chills, people. I actually voted for an hour; before then (and I've been watching since the middle of the first season), I had cast exactly two votes.



I started looking into Jason's pre-Idol performances and found Crazy, which was unable to be shown on the show due to Dangermouse not giving permission:



The finals were really a mixed bag for Jason. Even Memory, which I consider to be his worst performance, was earnest and moving. Every week Jason came out and gave it his all, changing songs up, playing an instrument almost every week, putting a huge smile on my face during the goofy group medleys, and never once forgetting his lyrics until Tuesday (*cough* David Archuleta *cough*).



All that from a contestant who got no screen time before the top 24, had limited stage experience, and was consistently thrown under the bus.

Of course we all knew it was Jason's time to go last night. He handled it with grace and humor and his singout was the best. singout. ever. Thanks for cutting if off, FOX.



Now, I'm watching for David Cook, but would I buy his album? Probably not. I couldn't possibly care any less about Jon Benet Gaspuleta or ShyMEEEEEsha. Knock 'em dead, Jason, and keep that huge smile on your face. I look forward to your album.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

Jon Benet Gaspuleta!!! LOL.

5/08/2008 3:46 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

*sniff*

5/08/2008 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David A. is Baby Elmo!

5/08/2008 9:00 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

sorry that your boy bought it, but as a bob marley fan, he needed to go...

5/13/2008 9:10 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

ummm hello..where you been??!

5/16/2008 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home