Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm Back

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. Things are getting better day by day. The funeral was Saturday morning and Chris wrote a eulogy that was incredible, and I'm not just saying that because he's my boyfriend; in fact, I judge what he wrote more harshly because of that fact. It was a long, draining day for me so I can't even begin to imagine what it was like for Chris and his family.

I didn't see American Idol on Tuesday and I don't have anything to say about Wednesday's episode. I hate the audition episodes except for the Hollywood round.

I don't have much to say about The Office because I forgot to set the VCR. The dumb thing is that I was home by about 8:33 but I didn't watch too much because I just figured I'd watch the tape later. D'oh! I did have it on in the background though, and I did see Jim admit he has feelings for Pam. Maybe I'll just buy it from iTunes, although what I saw didn't look that funny.

*Update - I watched the producer's cut on NBC.com. I don't know how different it was from what aired, but it was a pretty meh episode besides Jim admitting he has feelings for Pam and Ryan's lemon(with a tilde)ade(with an accent) and his little shrug to the camera afterwards.

The Scrubs musical was freaking hilarious and I want this shirt that Turk was wearing.

Last night I made two things I've never made for dinner before: Cornish game hens and brussels sprouts. I felt sort of bad because the hens were cute.

Today was back to the daily grind with one minor problem. It took me 4 HOURS to get to work this morning. 4 HOURS!!! I left my house at 7:45 (yeah, a little bit of oversleepage there) and I pulled into the work parking lot at 11:48, starving as hell and about to piss my pants. It took 2 hours to go about 4 miles on the interstate. When I got off I thought about turning around and just taking the day off but I changed my mind because I didn't realize it would take 2 more hours to travel the 4 miles to the next exit where we could get back on. The interstate still wasn't open when I went home so I had a co-worker tell me an alternate route which took about an hour and 15 minutes. It was actually a pretty interesting drive because it was through an now-depressed steel-mining town with a bunch of defunct factories. Today I spent more time on the road than working. It was kind of cool besides the morning commute.

I'm tired as hell and I need to go to bed early because I have to open the office tomorrow and I heard the roads are going to be bad again. This morning I spent about 10 minutes chiseling the ice off the car. I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit! FOUR hours?! Kind of gross that it was a fatal crash, though. Where did you drive back through? What depressed mining towns are there between Harrisburg and York that I didn't know of? Hmmm...

This past weekend must have been so hard for all of you. If I'd been in York, I would certainly have gone to the funeral....wish I'd been there to hear Chris's eulogy. That must be the hardest thing on earth to write. BTW, my sympathy card will be in the mail tomorrow.

How dare you eat game hens! I'm sure they were cute...they're little birds! You monster! :)

One last thing: I miss you terribly. Call me!

1/22/2007 9:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

It was horrendous!!

I went through Steelton, Highspire, and Middletown down to Columbia and took Market St. home. Steelton is a cesspool.

Thanks for your thoughts. I feel so bad for Chris. You're not supposed to lose your parents at our age.

They were cute but tasty!

I'll call you tomorrow.

1/22/2007 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Odd, I thought Thurdsay's Office was one of the best of the season. Even the parts involving Andy were funny for a change. The cellphone in the ceiling? Awesome.

"Guy Love" was the best part of Scrubs. The rest of the episode was a bit much for me.

1/23/2007 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't watched last week's episode yet.

I chuckled at the thought of you eating the poor little hens.

And a four hour commute? RIDICULOUS! How hellish.

Sounds like the funeral went as well as a funeral could be. So sad.

1/23/2007 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn it. I left a comment on here last night, but it didn't register. I pretty much said welcome back and hope your commute today wasn't 4 hours.

1/24/2007 8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Late to say it, but I'm sorry for your loss.

What's this stuff about a VCR? You don't have a DVR recorder?

I find that hard to believe!

1/25/2007 10:01 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Annoyed: I'm a retard when it comes to technology so I'd never be able to figure out a DVR. Everything technological we have in our house is something he bought and he doesn't watch much TV so we don't have a DVR. Plus, I'm addicted to TV as it is so the last thing I need is a device that makes it easier to spend countless hours watching.

1/26/2007 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tivo alway confused me. However, most cable companies now off their own in place of your normal cable box...usually an extra $5 a month.

Well, worth it, as it's a breeze to operate. Also, it will save your shows forever so you can watch them whenever you choose.

Come to the dark side Jen, you'll thank me.

1/29/2007 12:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I don't have a cable box, does that matter?

1/29/2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

Yeah!

lol

It's sooooo simple. Go get one from your cable company with a DVR in it.

hmmm.... I wonder if they'd chage you for the box and the DVR?

Anyway, call and ask. We pay $5 a month for the DVR but we already have the box.

It's sooooo friggin worth it!

For example, you can program the thing in September to record all your weekly shows and it will only tape the first runs... no repeats.

You'll never need to remember to program it again after that. (unless something else comes on but then again, only one time)

1/30/2007 2:53 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Hmmmm, $5 a month isn't bad. Not like $20 for tivo.

1/30/2007 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home