Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Confession

I'm not a top 40 fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't get enough of Nelly Furtado's song, "Say it Right."



It's so smooth and new-wavey! I think Nelly has a grating voice, but it doesn't bother me in this song. Upon researching it, I see I'm not too far off with the new-wavey thing. Apparently the song was inspired by "Here Comes the Rain Again" by the Eurythmics, which is in my top 100 favorite songs of all time. Get a better vocalist, take out the all the superfluous "heys," and rewrite some of the lyrics (by the way, I think the line in the last verse should be "another bridge that I laid," not brick) and you have an excellent song on your hands.

*Note* Chris just came downstairs and asked what the hell I'm listening to. He clearly has no taste.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this song, and had no clue it was her...or I'd have liked it less. I can't stand Nelly Furtado! "Grating" is an understatement.

1/10/2007 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the deal with your blog?

For days I've been coming here and seeing nothing... I had to scroll half way down to find this post.

What'd ya think of Curb season 4? It's by far my favorite year of the show

1/11/2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I think it's because that myheritage thing was too big. I never know when it's screwed up like that because my monitor at home is really big. I did notice it was screwed up when I was at work but I didn't get aroung to fixing it till now.

I've loved all of Curb so far! I don't know why I didn't watch it sooner. I've only seen the first half of season 4 though. Part 2 just came from Netflix yesterday. I think if I had to choose I'd go with season 3 though.

1/11/2007 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What till you get to the end of season 4.

The "survivior" episode is what hooked me on Curb in the first place.

Let's just say it's "pretty...pretty....good"

1/12/2007 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home