Friday, June 02, 2006

Ambitions?

I'm thinking of starting a recipe blog, but I'm not as ambitious as my blogger buddies with 2 blogs. There's no reason why I can't put stuff like that on this blog, but I want the other one to serve as a recipe book for me. I'm one of those people who saves every recipe that looks interesting and never makes them because they're stuffed in a drawer somewhere. Not like I ever follow recipes; I'm not a measurer, but I like to use them for ideas.

Speaking of recipes, I have to tout the cast iron skillet that I got at Linens N Things the other week. I made pork chops on it the other night. I'm usually not a fan of pork chops because they're so dry, but all I put on these was some salt, pepper, and Adobo, and they were so moist (I hate that word). Usually when I make them I end up dumping a lot of some sort of sauce in the pan, but these needed to liquid at all. I'm a new cast iron skillet devotee!

10 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

hehhhee--moist.

Stump and root.

Now, I'm really going to throw up!

6/02/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

start a second!! blog domination!!!

6/02/2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Katie has like, 5. I think you can handle a second. Can you have guest bloggers and make me part of your "group"? That would be so cool!

6/02/2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

Do it like march's FDF. Have people submit recipes. I'll do it!

- D.

6/02/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I know you hate those words!

Yes, Katie has 5, but I have the ambition of a sloth. I think I'll start it today, though. It's seeming a little slow around here. And if I allow submissions it'll be less work for me! :)

6/02/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Ach! And I want to get in on this fun - you know, a vegetarian on board for a little diversity? Not that I'd post more than once in a blue moon, of course.

And in my defense, I just deleted Tom Cruise Ob/Gyn since it's no longer relevant. And Dolph is actually just a static page, so it technically is just an offshoot of SNN. So, really, my actual blog count is only three! And Impotent Now is a group blog, too ;P When you want to invite memebers, just go to the spot in your panel where it lists options for "members" and you can send invites via blogger to add folks.

6/03/2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger B. said...

I would contribute as well. Fire it up!

6/04/2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

it goes without saying, but cast irons are the best... especially when frying up meatballs (me <-- big Italian family).

Moist is also not a good word in my book. What are some good words? Brown. Saffron.

6/04/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Katiedid, It's still more than I'd be able to keep up with!

Mess, I remember the vomit chops.

Gina, I usually bake my meatballs, but I'll have to try frying them. I wanted a skillet because Alton Brown had a steak recipe that used a cast iron skillet and it looked awesome. My favorite words are tomfoolery, shenanigans, and rigamarole.

6/04/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

Oh, I miss AB. I used to watch him every night, but I'm living with my boyfriend now, and he doesn't have cable. We have one channel, which gets news and reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond (so there are worse things in life). Oh, but how I could go for a good episode of Good Eats!

6/04/2006 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home