Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, Strong and True

I saw on our local news this morning that there is a vote going on for the official Pennsylvania bumper sticker. The current leaders are "Don't follow me. Pick your own road." and "I break for Shoo Fly Pie." Ummm...no. I know that I and some of my LG&E readers could come up with something much better. My picks:

Pennsylvania: What's that smell?
Pennsylvania: Drivers, say good-bye to your wheel alignment.
Pennsylvania:
We prefer the term "pleasingly plump."
Pennsylvania:
16-34% pay raises for all congresspeople!
Pennsylvania: Enjoy the 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
Pennsylvania:
Yes, we have a town named Intercourse.

To go more local:
York:
No mayors convicted of participating in race riots since 2001.
York: Who needs grammar anyway?
Centralia:
Oops!

There's a good PA article at The Black Table.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

Jen, that was hilarious! As a fellow lifelong Pennsylvanian, I can say with certainty that I agree with all of those, and will do my best to come up with more of my own. Damn...that was a good laugh.

5/24/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger B. said...

My pick (even though I am no longer a Pennsylvanian, I was for 23 years)-

Pennsylvania: Hey, at least we're not New Jersey.

5/24/2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

this cracked me up... just stumbled in. i heard a song lyrics once (not a famous song... local band) saying Pennsylvania is two cities with Alabama in between. I'm from Central PA, and that just about sums it up nicely.

5/25/2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Gracias, gracias. Rusty, I know you can come up with some too.

B: LOL! Very true! Jersey could also have a "What's that smell?" bumper sticker.

Welcome, Gina! Heh, that's a good description.

5/25/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

OMG. These are HI-larious. I've never even been to PA, and they're cracking me up. Awesome, awesome slogans. I want more!!!

5/31/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

You're not missing much! If you even do get over here, Rusty and I can give you a tour. There is a lot of beauty here, as well as a lot of things to make snarky comments about.

6/01/2006 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home