Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Finale

I'm slacking, guys! I had Rusty and my friend L. over for a cookout yesterday in celebration of having Ace's pretty, pretty face on my TV again. And the night was thankfully free of Constantine! Unfortunately it was also free of Bo Bice and JPL, but you take the good with the bad. Thoughts:

The girls and I missed the singing at the beginning, but I downloaded it and we didn't miss anything important.

Time has been kind to neither Meatloaf nor Dionne Warwick.

On the other hand, Prince hasn't aged since the '80s. Creepy! It was funny when he strutted away from Ryan.

The Clay thing was cute, but WTF was that hair?

Ace is purty.

How out of place did Kevin look with the other 5 guys? They're all at least 10 years older than he is and have more testosterone in their pinkies than he has. I shouldn't bust on a kid, but I feel bad for him being up there with three hot men, one relatively attractive one, and one that I want to punch in the face.

After last night I think L wants to add Bucky to her celebrity gang bang.

The girls' medley was meh, but I'm not a fan of "I am woman, hear me roar" songs.

Someone at TWoP who is much more clever than I described Chris with Ed Kowalczyk from live as the beginnings of a Single White Female scenario. Very apt.

Yay! Cowboy Garret!

I could do without seeing Toni Braxton's crotch.

Way to try to overshine Elliott, Mary J Blige.

Quote of the night from L: "They auditioned 30,000 people and Taylor was the best they could find?"

Observation of the night from Rusty: Toni Braxton and Taylor Hicks. Braxton Hicks contractions. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm sorry, but I love Ryan Seacrest.

Pass the brain bleach; Kevin is singing about kissing my pussycat.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I thought the Pickler and Puck thing was cute, if a little overdone.

Wow. What a surprise. Taylor won.

8 months and counting...

3 Comments:

Blogger noelle feather said...

When you mention Ryan Seacrest, I think I need bleach for my brain to get the view of him out of my head.

5/25/2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

Another awesome post! this had me rolling!

- D.

5/26/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Awww...don't bust on the Cheesecrest :)

Thanks, Dim!

5/26/2006 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home