Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Year of Birth/Current Billboard

Elliott - On Broadway: We missed his first performance because we were getting Aloha Snows. He didn't sound so hot in the recap though.
Paris - Kiss: I like Paris and she was good with this song, but it's not really a singer's song if that makes any sense. It doesn't showcase one's vocals.
Chris - Renegade: STYX!!!!! I thought he did a really good job. This was my favorite of the night, although it was pretty much the only song of the night that I like so take that for what it's worth.
Katharine - Against All Odds: Is this Scott Savol memorial night?! I thought she was sharp the whole time. Sharp musically, that is. She ain't all that.
Taylor - Play that Funky Music: Shut up and go away, Taylor. It's not charming to fall on the floor. It was charming why Ryan did it though.
Elliott - Home: Zzzzz... What? Oh, I'm sorry. I love Elliott but I've yet to not be bored by one of his performances. He was cute when he got all confused at the end though.
Paris - Be Without You: I don't really like that song and didn't think she was that great doing it. Did they bleep her? Why? I'm not aware of any cuss words in that song. And if there were, why would they let her sing a part with swearing? I'm donning my tinfoil hat... And WTF was the outfit? A camo blouse, a thick red belt with a bit butterfly buckle, and silver gauchos. Kids these days...
Chris - Some assy song: Chris has the WORST taste in music (besides Johnny Cash and Styx). Of all the songs currently on the charts, he has to find the one that sounds the most late 90s/early 00s-ish. I thought he did well, but I'm sort of sick of him.
Katharine - You can lead a horse to a cherry tree but you can't make him not sound like ass: That was...odd... I would have liked it if I didn't have the visual to go along with it, but I was distracted by the floor humping. I'm sure Not Dim was too, but in a different way.
Taylor - Something: I call shenanigans!! How the hell can they let him sing a Beatles song? And I thought the Beatles weren't licensing their songs for this show. Taylor is such a tool.

I'm not sure who's going home tonight. Paris? Katharine? Frankly my dears, I don't give a damn.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

OK, poor Elliott. He sounded really good, but I really didn't like either of the songs he sang. I hope he stays though.

Paris...I just don't get her anymore. She's OK. I really didn't like either of her versions and would be fine is she went home tonight.

Chris - I officially "don't get" Chris. I didn't like his version of Renegade. He made Tommy Shaw sound like Scott Stapp and that is unforgivable. His second song sucked an amazing amount of ass, both the song and the performance. Imagine if Bucky sang a song and his voice cracked that much. Would they be as soothing to him as they were to Chris? I'll telling you...he has a golden ticket to the finals because the judges want him there. He's not that good.

Kat - the first song BLEW. She was really horrible. But the second song was fantastic. I like that song anyway and she did a great version of it. And yes, she looked HOT.

Taylor - I thought his vocal performances were probably the most consistent during the two songs. But I agree...I'm getting a little tired of his schtick.

Probably bottom two: Paris and Elliott. I hope Paris goes, but I think Elliott might be in trouble.

- Not D.

5/03/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Noooo! Not my Elliott! I LOVE that guy! I agree party with Jenny and partly with Dim. I dislike Katharine greatly at this point, and I absolutely hated that second song of hers. The floor-humping was completely unnecessary, and the song was so stupid. Chris's first song was totally awesome, but the second one was crap. Paris annoys me slightly, and I didn't like either of the songs or her choice of clothing. I hate Taylor...'nuff said. Did I miss anyone?

5/03/2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Berkeley G. said...

I don't care for Taylor either. He seems cocky to me, and plays at frat band parties at the University of Alabama, near here, and that's exactly what he acts like: a cocky frat boy. Hopefully he'll get the ax soon!

5/08/2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

And the sad thing about that is that the guy is freaking 29 years old. You should be over frat-type behavior by the time you're pushing 30.

5/09/2006 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home