Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend Update

It's finally May; my favorite month!

My weekend wasn't too exciting. On Friday my mom and I went to get my early birthday present, a picnic table. It's a square with 4 little benches connected. On Saturday I sat at my new table and read The World According to Garp for a while. I highly recommend that book. Then Rusty came over and we ate dinner outside, went on a 3-mile hike, went to DQ (negating the hike), and watched The Office, parts of Law and Order, and about half of Say Anything. Yesterday I went to the grocery store, my dad came over to drill holes in the table to screw it together, and I sealed it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

And the best part was....hanging out with me, of course! :)

5/01/2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Of course! :P

5/01/2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger j said...

Wow--The World According to Garp. I remember reading that before the movie was made (which was probably before you were born, lol) and thinking at the time that Robin Williams would've made a good Garp and then they cast him--I guess I wasn't the only one. My annoyance with the movie was that they had the girl in the bear suit (who's supposed to be ugly) be played by Natassia Kinski. Oh yeah, she's repulsive. (although she is kind of creepy weird)

j.

Oh, and happy b-day ahead of time.

5/01/2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

Hey, when's your birthday?

5/01/2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Look at her blog URL to find out. :)

5/01/2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

J: I looked it up on IMDB (I'm going to Netflix it when I finish the book), and I see John Lithgow played Roberta. Interesting...

Rusty's right! It's May 19. When's yours? Your profile says you're a Taurus too.

5/01/2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

Wow...duh! That would make sense! I never look at the URL.

Mine is 4 days before yours.

5/01/2006 10:54 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Sure are a lot of bulls in here. My hubby is one too. :) And our wedding anniversary is also in the month of the Tauri.

5/02/2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

There are a lot of bulls in my life. At my old job 6 or so of us had birthdays around the same time. My due date was the 23rd, which is my (late) grandmother's birthday and also my friend Liz's birthday. The 19th is Liz's mom's birthday as well as Rusty's parents' anniversary (not a Taurus thing, but still.) When is J's birthday?

5/02/2006 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home