Saturday, April 29, 2006

For the Few of You Who Care

Not too many song spoilers from next week, but the themes are a song from the year you were born and a song that is currently on the Billboard charts. Looking over the pop Billboard charts, I am reminded why I don't listen to much music made after 1995, but I realize there are other charts. Supposedly Kat is going a KT Tunstall song for her Billboard song, Paris is doing Prince's "Kiss" for her birth year song, and Taylor is doing a Bon Jovi song (I didn't even know they had any new songs out).

Here's the track listing for the AI5 CD. If this is indeed the real track listing, I'll buy it since there are more than 3 tracks that I'll like. That's my criteria. I have the AI4 CD and there are only 3 songs I refuse to listen to (Carrie, Lindsey, and Mikalah). Despite my undying love for JPL I don't have season 3's CD. I did try to burn my mom's copy but I can't. I don't give a rat's ass about seasons 1 or 2. Anyway, enough rambling, here's the tentative track listing of the CD, which is to be released May 23.

1. Kevin Covais - "When I Fall In Love" - I'll skip this one.
2. Melissa McGhee - "What About Love" - I love Heart and I sort of liked Melissa. It was a travesty that Carrie's "Alone" wasn't on last year's CD.
3. Lisa Tucker - "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)" - I'll skip this one.
4. Mandisa - "I'm Every Woman" - I hate this overdone song, but Mandisa made it her own, which I didn't even think was possible.
5. Bucky Covington - "Superstition" - He didn't do that well on the show when he did this song, but I imagine they could clean him up quite nicely in the studio.
6. Paris Bennett - "Midnight Train To Georgia" - This is another song that is overdone (it was even on the AI3 CD), but I thought she did it well.
7. Ace Young - "Father Figure" - Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! OMG!!!11111!!!!!!!!! I should be drawn and quartered for this, but I like Ace's version better than George Michael's. To be perfectly honest, I'd buy the CD just for this even if all the other tracks were duets by Kellie and Taylor.
8. Katherine McPhee - "Think" - Eh. We'll see.
9. Kellie Pickler - "Walkin' After Midnight" - SKIP!
10. Chris Daughtry - "Wanted Dead Or Alive" - If he un-goatifies his voice I'll listen to this.
11. Taylor Hicks - "Takin’ It To The Streets" - I despise Taylor and this song, despite my love for the Doobies ("Doobie Brothers, smokin' doobies with my brothers.")
12. Elliott Yamin - "Moody’s Mood For Love" - Boring
I wonder what the cheesy group sing will be this year?

All my info taken from MJ's Big Blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

Well, I don't care about AI but I do care about you and I hope you're having a great day. :)

5/01/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Thanks, and I am :)

5/01/2006 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home