Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend Update

On Saturday I cleaned the house, got a good amount of reading done (I'm reading Janet Evanovich To the Nines--it's fluff), watched The World According to Garp (I was very disappointed, and I may have shouted "That's bullshit!" at the end. I know it's hard to make a 500+ page book into a movie but the whole thing just felt disjointed), and then made dinner. After dinner Chris and I watched (I half-watched) JFK and during that I knitted for about 1.5 hours straight. I had been neglecting my knitting, but I picked it up again while I was bored at work on Friday. My work project is a dishcloth (I'm aiming for something small) and my home project is a scarf. I'll have to post pictures sometime.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store where I spent a massive amount of money. I decided to try Gruyere cheese not realizing it was $8! This better be the best damn cheese I've ever eaten. After lunch Rusty and I went on a hike. We did about 2 miles or so. Then I came home and did some chores around the house, made dinner, and watched half of Snatch.

4 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

Gruyere is the cheese I use on my French Onion Soup! It STINKS when you are baking w/it though..whooooa. one of the little Marches is sure to let me know the house stinks.

5/08/2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I think that's how I'm going to use it. I love French Onion soup.

5/09/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

My sister knitted me some booties a couple of months ago. She hasn't done that since we were in grade school but recently the bug has bitten her again, too. Me, I've never had that kind of talent.

$8 cheese? Whoa. That better be some damn good cheese. :)

5/09/2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

That's the beauty of knitting. You don't need to be talented to do simple things like scarves. If I can do it...

5/11/2006 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home