Friday, May 05, 2006

It's Friday! Woot!

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas y quesadillas a mi casa esta noche!

Last night while covering the front desk I got a call from a drug rep with a British accent. She was actually a snooty bitch, but she said, "Brilliant! Thanks!" at the end of the conversation. Hee! It went a little something like this,

"Can I please speak to Dr. S?"
In my mind: "Seeing as how it's 7:00 P.M. I'd say no."
What I said: "She's not here right now but she'll be in tomorrow morning, can I take a message?"

"Does she have voicemail?"
In my mind: "If she had voicemail would I have asked to take a message?"
What I said: "No she doesn't. I'll have to take a hand-written message."

"Will she call me back?"
In my mind: "How the fuck should I know? Probably not since you drug reps are parasitic and annoying as hell. And furthermore, I don't give a rat's ass."
What I said: "Unfortunately I can't guarantee anything, but I'll be sure to give her the message."

By the way, if you want to know why your medications are so expensive, it's because they pay doctors $200 to do a 30-minute survey. We won't discuss how many minutes I would have to work to make $200.

I'm liking where The Office is going! Not too many laughs last night (the fact that I was in a foul mood might have had something to do with that), but sometimes we need drama.

I'm so tired of ER being in Africa. We get it! Famine! Disease! Inadequate medical facilities! And wasn't I supposed to be spared from seeing Carter's confused expression on my TV screen every week? For an Africa episode this wasn't that bad, but I'd like to go back to Chicago to see Luka, please.

Zits is my favorite comic because it is an extremely accurate portrayal of the way my parents and I were when I was a teenager. Well, Jeremy does a lot less screaming, crying, and slamming doors than I did, but other than that... The last few have been about blogging. Check 'em.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

Really? Quesadillas? I'm there! Want me to bring the quesadilla maker?

5/05/2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I love me some Dr. Kovach.

Do you watch Will & Grace?

PS do you know what the wheelchair symbol is for?

5/05/2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Actually, since this is a special occasion, I fried them. :)

Feather: I don't get home from work on Thursday nights until around 9, so the only things I can watch are The Office and ER. I used to watch it back in the day of Friends but I stopped around the Harry Connik (sp?) Jr. era because Grace became unbearably whiny. If you click on the wheelchair it'll say a bunch of letters if you can't read the word verification letters, although if you can't read those letters I don't know how you'd be reading a blog in the first place.

5/06/2006 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home