Tuesday, April 25, 2006

4-Day Weekend

I'm now back at work after a nice 4-day weekend, and luckily I didn't have a lot of messages; in fact, I had fewer messages over 4 days than I have had some Thursday afternoons when I come in. The weekend was pretty uneventful (except for the fight I wrote about in my last post). I got my car inspected on Friday, and it only needed an air filter. Yay! I also got new wiper blades put on, which is nice because now my wipers actually work. It cost $11 PER BLADE though. If I had known that I would have just dealt with the aggravation of trying to put them on myself.

While we were waiting for my car, my dad and I had breakfast at Denny's. Moons Over My Hammy, while having the dumbest name in the world, is one of the best meals ever. My dad, who recently retired after teaching since 1965 told me the best place to punch a kid without leaving a mark. That might come in handy if the skate church kids continue to get smart with me about blocking my driveway area. After breakfast we called to see how long my car would be and they told me an hour and a half, so we went to my parents' house. As we were turning onto their road (5 minutes away, although this time it took about 10 because my dad missed the interstate exit [he has lived in the same home for more than 30 years] because I was distracting him) I got a call saying my car was done. Nice.

Since we were already at my parents' house, my mom and I drove to the Amish market to look at picnic tables since that is what they are getting me for my birthday. My mom also decided to buy me some food, which is always appreciated. Then she took me to get my car.

On Saturday I cleaned the house and then went to see American Dreamz and to the Olive Garden with Rusty. I was going to include my review here, but this post is already too long, so I'll do it separately. On Sunday I did jack shit because I was so tired from getting no sleep on Saturday night. I did watch Tapeheads, an 80s John Cusack movie. I rated it 1 star on Netflix. I loves me some John Cusack, but he seriously needs help choosing scripts. I can only think of 3 movies of his that I've liked.

Yesterday I was bored out of my mind because I was pretty much broke and didn't want to drive anywhere because of the price of gas. I did get to see Ace on "Regis and Kelly" and also on "Ellen" though. As usual, he sounded like ass but looked good. I was reminded how insanely annoying Kelly Ripa is and while watching Ellen I was further creeped out by Ace and his brother's relationship. Apparently he's going to sing "Butterflies" on the CD...meh.

Last night Chris and I watched "Walker" again. He (Walker, not Chris) performed a funeral for some dude and then delivered a baby who of course came out completely clean. Then I half-watched "24" and waited for Romano (I didn't even know he was on that show) to be killed by a helicopter.

I slept very well last night and had a dream that Chris Daughtry and I were in my old elementary school locking all the doors. I wonder what Freud would have to say about that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

I absolutely HATE when babies come out clean on TV. How stupid. People would be throwing up left and right if they saw on TV what an infant actually looks like after birth...that is, after they put up with all the grunting and pushing and stuff that I find SO unnecessary on TV. I think I just hate TV births in general.

Hmm...you and Chris Daughtry in our elementary school. Which doors were you locking? What were you doing in between the lockings? Hmmm...

4/25/2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Me too. It was our school but it wasn't. We were locking the outside doors because we were leaving. And it wasn't a sex dream :)

4/25/2006 4:06 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Oh...I wonder why I naturally assumed it was? Does that make me a perv or you?

4/25/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I'm just curious--how much is gas out there?

Here? Southern CA, you say? We're looking at approx. $3.37

PUKE.

4/26/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

I'm looking forward to your American Dreamz review.

4/26/2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Rusty - I'd say you. If it were about Ace, then me.

Feather - It's $2.99 here. I don't know how people can afford to live in CA!

Abnormal - Thanks for reminding me; I totally forgot! :)

4/26/2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home