Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Blogs That Are Better Than Mine

I came upon this blog today because of an article in Slate about how the writer is quitting. It's a shame, because it's very good and her experiences remind me of my own (except for the glamorous ones, of which I have none). My favorite is the one about having her parents listen to the top singles of the year and getting their opinions because, again, it reminds me of my parents. One of the songs reviewed by her parents was "In Da Club" by 50 Cent. I was washing my car at my parents' house and that song came on the radio and my dad gave me a WTF look. If it ain't John Denver or the Beach Boys, he ain't having none of it. You can find the articles here and here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

That is hilarious! My parents would be a lot like that, except my dad would be like, "This sounds like Kid Rock. I really like that Kid Rock." and completely embarrass himself and me in the process.

Too bad she's quitting blogging. She's a good writer.

4/25/2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Your dad likes cool music though. I know more about 60s and 70s music than my parents do. My mom always says, "We just weren't in to music."

4/25/2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Makes you wonder what they WERE into.

4/25/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

My dad: sports; my mom: cleaning.

4/26/2006 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home