Friday, March 10, 2006

A Letter to American Idol

Dear American Idol:

Have you not learned anything from past seasons? Do you not realize that halfway through the competition, when Kevin Covais is butchering songs by various artists, he and his family will receive numerous threats like John Stevens did? He, like Mr. Stevens, will not be voted off, but will eventually ask to leave in order to protect his life. Even though neither Kevin nor Will have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the competition, don't you think a cute boy with a pleasant voice could beat out a totally unattractive kid whose voice is mediocre at best?

I appreciate that you were trying to be sneaky by getting rid of Ayla (thus screwing up my standing in the TWoP AI Prediction game), but you actually did her a big favor. The potential for success is much higher for a person who goes to Boston College than someone who competes on American Idol. Just ask anyone who isn't Clay or Kelly.

What have you done to Bo Bice? I will buy his album when he's out of your evil clutches and can make cool music.

I wonder if you can possibly clear something up for me. Week after week, the judges lambast the contestants for the inevitable singing of a Stevie Wonder song, yet you make that the theme for next week. Where is the logic in that? And could you be a little less obvious about whom you are trying to eliminate? I can think of only one contestant who doesn't even have one iota of soul in his body, and he happens to be one of my favorites, so thank you, show.

Yours always (or for 10 more years, supposedly),
Jenny G

P.S. If anyone sings "I Just Called to Say I Love You" I will throw my TV out the window.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

HAHAHA! Your PS cracked me up!

- D.

3/10/2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

No summmmmmmmmmmers High..
No Warrrrrrrrrrrmmm July.....

3/10/2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I used to love that song in the 80s. My mom had a tape that was the soundtrack to The Woman in Red, and that song was on it.

3/12/2006 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home