Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Boys

Yay! Bob Ice was in the audience and so was Ace's brother. I think the best moment of the night for me was when I switched over to NBC during commercials and saw a commercial for ER where someone was holding a gun to John Carter. But if he's going to be killed you know it has to be by an errant helicopter. Anyway, on to the relevant stuff:

Kevin Covais - Cute as hell intro, meh song.

Bucky Covington - LURVE! Bucky can do no wrong in my eyes. There are exactly 4 country songs that I like (5 if you count The Devil Went Down to Georgia) and one of them is Thunder Rolls. He wasn't that great, but he's such a cute little dirty redneck with a 1998 webpage and an identical twin brother.

Chris Daughtry - He was really good tonight. I like him, but I should like him more than I do. He has good song choices.

Taylor Hicks - I'm just not feeling him anymore.

William Makar - Excellent voice and so cute! I would have preferred Styx's Lady to Kenny Rogers's, but oh well. I think he made the comment about being 10 when the first season was on to remind me that he is jailbait and to make me feel old. I'm a little perplexed as to why Ryan was trying to undress him on stage.

Gedeon McKinney - He sounded good when he sang but he talks like Eddie Murphy in Coming to America.

"Sway" Penala - Same as last week: just no.

David Radford - I don't like you and I can't wait till your smug ass is off my television. Total burn by Rickey Miner.

Elliot Yamin - He was good tonight.

Ace Young - I actually didn't think he sounded that great tonight, but come on; does it really matter? I could listen to him wax philosophical about his beanie all night and be happy. Ryan was being really touchy tonight, but I can't say I blame him.

Good-bye Sway and David!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

HAHA! OK, I'm on board with this post on a lot of levels and it scares the living hell out of me.

First, I got suckered into watching some of this last night.

I loove old school country and what is called alt-country in these parts, but I'm not big on the contemporary stuff (sorry Rust). But that Garth Brooks song that Backwoods Bucky sang is good and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" friggin rocks! I know all the words of that one..."I done told you once, you son of a bitch, I'm the best there's ever been..."

"Lady" by Styx is awesome. We used to play that one in Zen Yogurt. Thank God that was one of the ones I didn't have to sing though.

I thought Gedeon was awesome, but his mouth reminds of those badly dubbed Japanese monster movies. It seems to keep moving even when no sound is coming out.

And I'm sorry. I just don't understand Randy. "Yo, it's like this, aight? Dog, it was pitchy, yo." HUH?

OK, hold on. I can't believe I just wrote a lengthy reply about American friggin' Idol. What are you guys doing to me?!?!?!???!!

- D.

3/02/2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

HA! You've been sucked into the web, Dim. You can't untangle yourself now.

I really dislike Gedeon. His voice is okay, but HE is insufferable. I can't stand to watch him move around on stage, and yes, his mouth is annoying.

I agree with Jen's ideas, especially since I was hanging out with her at the time and discussed them all with her then. Ace is so hot, and Ryan Seacrest totally pulled the hat out of his back pocket. I can't blame him, either.

I can blame him, however, for undressing Will onstage. I LOVED Will's face, turned to someone in the audience, while he was tucking his shirt back in - he looked at whoever was in the audience like, "What the hell was that?" Hilarious.

3/02/2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Woah, Dim is commenting on an AI post?! I have been known to request DWDTG at country glow bowling (we always forget that that's what it is on Friday night or else we wouldn't go) and then sing it. "Lady" is one of my favorite love songs of all time. I can't stand Randy. I usually only pay attention to Simon. Heh. Backwoods Bucky.

When I think back to Ryan undressing Will, it makes me laugh. I asked a friend at work if she watched last night, and she said she liked the one kid and I asked, "The one Ryan undressed?" She was like, "Yeah, what was that?"

3/02/2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

i can't follow these blog posts at all..i guess i'd have to watcht the show but that will never ever ever happen..ever.

3/02/2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Never say never. Your buddy Dim apparently watches :)

3/03/2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

that is because he is WEAK.

3/03/2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Burn!

3/03/2006 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home