Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Boys

Kevin Covais - That was pretty bad. I won't be surprised if he goes home.

Bucky Covington - Hee! Rocky! I've never heard that song before, but I think he sounded better this week that he has before.

Chris Daughtry - I like him, but I'm not a fan of the generic late 90s/early 00s songs that he sings. I'm of the opinion that no good music was made between the time Kurt Cobain died and last year. I'd love to see him do some classic rock. I think he'll go far; he definitely has the voice and the looks to be a front man in a Fuel-like band.

Taylor Hicks - I used to like him, but now he annoys the hell out of me. And "Taking It to the Streets" is one of my least favorite songs. Didn't the Doobies do it before Michael McDonald?

William Makar - I love this kid, but he was so boring last night! The problem with having kids in the competition is that it's creepy if they sing a more sensual song, so they end up getting stuck with vapid songs like "How Sweet It Is."

Gedeon McKinney - I love his voice, but I hate the way he looks when he sings and I still think he sounds like Coming to America. I won't say anything about the painting because I'm feeling nice right now.

Elliot Yamin - I think he's awesome. Not really Idol material, but he has a great voice and he seems like someone I would have been friends with in high school.

Ace Young - My token gay friend (no hate mail; I say that with love) claims that Ace pings his gaydar, and apparently he has a beard named Essence. And this, mentioned in the TWoP recap? Hilarious! "Butterflies" is probably in the bottom 5 of all Michael Jackson songs. He sounded good, but "Butterflies" is another song that I would hurl myself out of a window to get off the radio. I noticed he wore his beanie...probably didn't feel like being molested by Ryan again.

3 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

Elliot too reminds me of high school, espeicially the wrestlers with their little cauliflower ears.

Bucky was amazing last night. Ugly, but amazing. I hear that song on my radio station a lot.

3/09/2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Handkerchief Code is one of the funniest things I've ever heard of. Hilarious. I'm not gay, but he pings my gaydar, too (which you know). Too bad the hottest one in the competition is off the market for you and me! :)

I agree with the rest of your analyses, especially "Coming to America". I totally hear that in his speech. I still love Kevin, just because he's so cute and likeable. I like Will and Chris as well, and Ace is just so hot. I'm glad Ryan didn't molest him last night.

3/09/2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

B., I hear that song as well, and I used to like it before it was overplayed, and I didn't think Bucky was amazing at all. Jenny liked it, too...something wrong with my ears, I guess! (Although not cauliflower ear!)

3/09/2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home