Sunday, March 12, 2006

Can You Handle It?

I posted earlier about the X-Treme White bread at my grocery store. I was able to show it to Chris in person, but you all will have to cope with just pictures. *Caution* These pictures may cause vertigo and/or heart palpatations. Please do not view if you are pregnant, nursing, have a heart condition, high blood pressure, or an affliction of the central nervous system.



I'm a really bad photographer, so you can't make out the writing, but you can see from the graph how much more awesome X-Treme White (in pink) is than whole wheat (in blue). This bread is ageist too. "Soft, wholesome nutrition - that's what kids get when they eat X-treme White bread!" That's so not fair! I want soft, wholesome nutrition too!

Here's the bottom of the bag. Notice how I got an X-TREME 10% DISCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!! Also notice how this bread is "new." I'm not quite clear how something can be "new."

Time to open the bag. Are you ready? Here goes!


AHHH!! SO X-TREME!!!


Not even the mustard could handle it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Classic!!!

- D.

3/12/2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Gotta get me some of that. I bet if you eat a lot of it, you could get "Xtremely fat too."

3/12/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Hee! It's the caption for the last picture that sent me over the edge. Ha!

BTW, that is some vaguely racist bread you've got there, J.

3/12/2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Wow. I think the most shocking part is that you actually purchased this bread. Do you feel different after eating it? Will you develop a superhero alter-ego or something? That would be cool. And X-treme.

I agree with B.

And I also agree with Katiedid...that last caption gives new meaning to "freakin' hilarious".

3/12/2006 10:50 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

LMAO!

3/13/2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Heh. It does seem sort of racist considering they don't have the word bread on the package. It's just "X-treme White." I usually get Stroehmann small family, but they were out of that, and if I get something bigger it gets moldy, so I figured while I was getting something different I might as well go for the humor factor. I giggled while the guy was ringing it up. I haven't eaten any of it yet; my sandwhich today is on honey wheat, which is so not X-treme.

3/13/2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home