Wednesday, March 29, 2006

#&(*&$#

Yesterday I was paging through Entertainment Weekly and I came across an ad for Depeche Mode's current tour, Touring the Angel. They're playing Atlantic City, NJ on May 20th, and since that's the day after my birthday, it's a sign that I MUST go. There are 2 things I want to do before I die: Go to a DM concert and go to London. So I go to Ticketmaster to see how much tickets are. Reserved riser seats: $125; floor, all standing: $105. WTF!? I think not! Not only do I not have that much money to spend on 2-3 hours of entertainment (not counting gas, parking, hotel room, etc.), I REFUSE to pay that much money to see a band. They're playing at a much cheaper venue in Virginia on the 21st, but that's too far to drive. I'll just hedge my bets that they make another album and come within 2 hours and go to a not ridiculously expensive venue.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

You have to pay $105 to STAND for 2 hours! Heeeeeell no!

3/29/2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Wow. And to think, I can remember back in the day when you could see them for just over twenty bucks. I am old. I am so very old. Clearly.

I'm so sorry J - that sucks it would cost so much to see them. Sheesh. I can't believe people would line up to swallow that sort of price tag. That is ridiculous.

4/01/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I think it was just the venue because they had cheaper seats in Virginia. Not $20 though! Not only that, but I can't imagine how much the tickets would be with all the fees Ticketmaster adds.

4/03/2006 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home