Thursday, November 03, 2005

Nice Try

I just got THE lamest attempt at phishing. Let me give you a little background. I don't have AOL, but my parents do, and I still have an e-mail address under their account that I check via webmail. I just got an e-mail from "Uknownsender@unknowndomain" saying it was AOL and that I needed to update my billing information within 24 hours or my account suspended. First of all, it didn't have anything remotely close to AOL's color scheme or fonts. Secondly, the link I needed to click to "update my information" went to shllal.com, not aol.com, and the subject line said it was a Notice about my Aol Accountt." Thirdly, wouldn't it help to actually e-mail the owner of the account? Seriously, people. You're going to have to put more effort into it than that!

*Update: shllal.com is goofy.

3 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

Holy freaking Hannah! What IS that website? Iranian...?

11/03/2005 5:29 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Is that Joey Lawrence?!! WHOA!

11/03/2005 7:07 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I have no freaking clue.

MR: Bwahhahah! Every time I think of Joey Lawrence I think of the post on the message board where someone put a bad picture of him up and the next person wrote, "Woah!" I don't know why, but that cracks my shit up.

11/04/2005 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home