Monday, October 31, 2005

Mmmm...Unexplained Bacon


My future step-father?

3 bags of candy; 0 trick-or-treaters. Nice.

*SNIP*

Only 17 work days till Thanksgiving vacation! The Thanksgiving meal is my favorite meal in the world! None of the individual foods are my favorite foods, but you can't beat the combination of turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing (you have to mix them all together for the best effect). And then when you add cranberry relish, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie, and my step-aunt's awesome rolls with honey on them, mmmm...

I'm meeting a woman I work with tomorrow morning so she can show me a way to get to work that doesn't involve driving on I-83, but I have to meet her (and she lives more than halfway to work) at the time I usually leave. This should be good.

I REALLY want a house with a garage. I had to break out the ice scraper this morning. It came off pretty easily, but still...

I saw Elizabethtown yesterday. It was decent enough, but my mom is now in love with Orlando Bloom and said she wishes she were 20 years younger. Alrighty then. Did I just say alrighty then? What is this? 1992? I guess we now know where I get my tendency to have a million TV and movie boyfriends.

I read in the paper that elementary schools are doing away with Halloween parties and the like because standards are so strenuous. That is such bullshit! We are exposing children to our society of all work, no play way too early. No wonder so many kids have mental disorders. Back in my day we had Halloween parties and still managed to do well in school. I had no worries when I was in elementary school. We treat children like adults and then get mad when they want to assert their independence at earlier ages. Let kids be kids while they still can. They have plenty of years to be corporate drones like the rest of us.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

I'm being serious, here, and a bit shmoopy...my dad was fondly remembering today how he would stand at the end of the hallway and shake the big chain every year at the Spook Walk. He did that same thing each year, without fail, and of course, other dads did their various "scary" things as part of that Halloween tradition at school.

I almost have tears in my eyes now at the thought that none of the children at Leaders Heights (or anywhere) will ever be able to have that same wonderful experience - knowing the dad I loved would be standing there, so I didn't have to be scared at all at least at THAT point in our spooky Halloween party at school. It was just so much fun to be a kid that night, in my costume, just a little bit scared.

*sigh* Where did childhood go?

10/31/2005 11:28 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Also, I'm sorry that you didn't have any trick-or-treaters. We only had about 8 here, and we live in an actual neighborhood. Oh, well. I'll help you eat your candy next weekend. :)

10/31/2005 11:29 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

It is definitely sad. I think that's why our society is getting colder and ruder.

Now, come on. Do you really think there's going to be any candy left after Chris gets to it? :-)

11/01/2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Damn! You are SO right! I'll have to come over tomorrow or something. Is it chocolate? :-P

11/01/2005 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home