Saturday, November 05, 2005

I'm Concerned...

about Donald Trump's mental health. I've come to the conclusion that he has Asperger's Disorder or Pervasive Developmental Disorder. The man has zero social skills. Have you watched him interact with people on his show? Hell, the other night he asked one apprentice if he was gay, telling him that it's ok because that's why restaurants have menus (I always thought it was so you could choose what food you wanted, but what do I know?), and asked another if he was a virgin, and then proceeded to tell the virgin how great and important sex is. Yes, this is a TV show, but when you get right down to it, it's a JOB INTERVIEW. How many of you have been asked about your sexual orientation or the number of partners you've had during a job interview? He also accused a person who made one remark that could or could not have been offensive of being anti-Semitic. That's a pretty strong accusation, based on one remark. Whenever he interacts with the aprentii, it's to tell them how wonderful his house/golf course/office building/wife/toilet paper is. Have you ever seen him have a conversation with someone that wasn't centered around his possessions? I didn't watch last season, so maybe that was the season of the sensitive Donald and I missed it. Martha Stewart is stiff as all hell (who calls their "good friends" by their full names?), but at least she is personable. Have you ever seen him interact with his wife? I don't think I've ever seen him talk to her, but I've seen him ask other people, "Isn't she beautiful?" I'd love to be a fly on the wall for their "conversations."

He also has an extremely inflated sense of self. We've seen his gaudy penthouse apartment where everything is gold (seriously, who can live like that?) When he enters the room on the show, horns blare. I know that was an editing choice, but would it really surprise you if Donald liked that and encouraged it? It's like The Emperor's New Clothes. The Donald (See? Another example.) looks ridiculous, but everyone is afraid to tell him.

But being the callous person that I am, a possible mental disorder won't keep me from laughing at The Donald.

2 Comments:

Blogger j said...

oh, and I read today he prefers the Japanese system of bowing since he feels that shaking hands is disgusting and exposes one to germs.

Howard Hughes, phase 1, is now underway...

11/06/2005 12:52 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

That doesn't surprise me.

11/08/2005 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home