Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ambush Makeover

I love crappy daytime TV. My personal favorites are The Price is Right (which I have been watching since I can remember) and Maury when he has teenagers who are drinking, doing drugs, and sleeping with 50 guys. The only time I get to watch is when I'm off work and Thursday mornings, because I don't go into work till 12:30. Right now I have Ambush Makeover on. I don't have a problem with the people who agree to do the makeovers, but I do have a problem with the treatment of the people who refuse. How would you feel if you're out doing your grocery shopping in sweat pants with no make-up on (as I am wont to do) and some annoying guy and a camera crew gets all up in your face and says, "Your hair looks like crap and your clothes suck. Do you want a makeover?" I think I might just have to punch him in the face. Then, to add insult to injury, they put you on TV for tens of people to watch! Why do they have to show that part?! Of course no one would ever say this to me because I am stunningly beautiful at all times :-P. Luckily Ambush Makeover will never come to York, so I don't have to put on a ball gown and beauty pageant make-up to run to the store to buy tampons and milk.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

I most certainly would not want that happening to me. That would just be awful. I'm also prone to not always wearing the "proper" upper body undergarments. Ahem.

8/18/2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I've never done the no bra thing, except to go get the paper in the morning, but I hate putting on real clothes and make-up and drying my hair on the weekend.

8/18/2005 7:24 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

I caught my husband watching that show one afternoon - he said he found it fascinating that this one lady's HUSBAND had set her up for it. I sat down to watch with him, and for the rest of the show, he kept giving me his commentary, which summed up, pretty much just entailed how sorry that guy was going to be he even did that. He also calculated for me how much alimony she out to get out of him. Especially when we heard the guys "compliments" at the end - it was pure passive agressive assholery. "She looked so dowdy before. Now she looks so attractive!" Yeah, buddy. My husband isn't always the most observant person, but even he could tell you're a jerk.

8/19/2005 6:26 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Wow! That reminds me of The Swan (yes, I watched some episodes of the show). Most of the women were already divorced or their husbands didn't want them to do it, but there was one woman whose husband kept busting on how she looked before. I hope these women leave their husbands!

8/20/2005 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home