Sunday, May 29, 2005

My Saturday Netflix Binge

I had one of the most unproductive days in the world, but it's my vacation, dammit. Here are my Netflix selections for the weekend:

The Sex and the City Bonus Disc: I never had HBO, so I rented all 6 seasons of Sex from Netflix. I really grew to love it after not liking it at first. I finished the series about a month ago, but I didn't get the bonus disc right away because I was Sex-ed out. I watched it today and it was good enough, but I consider it a wasted rental. It was only an hour long, and there wasn't too much substance. 2 farewell specials, deleted scenes, and alternate endings. Meh. One star.

Mighty Aphrodite: I like Woody Allen films when I'm in the mood, but I wasn't really in the mood today. What doesn't bode well for this movie is that I had already seen it, but I forgot that until I started watching it. There were two gems though:

Lenny: You didn't see Schindler's List?
Kevin: No, no... that was the one with the Jews and the, um... who were the bad guys?
Lenny: The Nazis. The blond guys were the Nazis.

Lenny: I'm completely superfluous.
Kevin: Oh, you don't feel good?

Three stars.

Leaving Las Vegas: Apparently I was in a prostitution mood this weekend. Actually, these weren't my first picks; my first few all have long waits. Anyway, I don't like Nicolas Cage. He bothers me for no particular reason. This movie was just very ok. I watched it in about 6 sittings because I couldn't get into it. I'm glad it didn't have a happy ending though; I hate unrealistic happy endings. And I totally wish I look like Elisabeth Shue. Three stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny G said...

I'd buy it if it weren't so expensive. Be proud; Sex and the City RULES! My favorite part of the whole series is when Carrie is in that models/real people fashion show and "Got to Be Real" is playing and she falls on her face and then gets up and gives Heidi Klum a high-five.

6/01/2005 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home