Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Idol Thoughts

Tuesday night:

Enough with the boxing metaphors!

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For: Wow. I am so in love with David Cook.
Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me: Fantastic. Round 1 was awesome.

Dreck #1: Eh. Not bad for one of the coronation songs. It could be worse.
Dreck #2: And it is worse...

The World I Know: I hate this song, but I liked it when David did it. Same deal with Don't Want to Miss a Thing from last week. That's one of my least favorite songs in the history of songs, but I liked David doing it. Maybe I will buy his CD after all...
Imagine: Whatever.

Wednesday night:

I love things that are cheesy as well as things that are bombastic, and tonight proved to be both. Woot!

David, please no more wallet chain. This isn't 1995.

Mike Myers annoys the bejesus out of me in everything except Wayne's World, but I chuckled a few times during the guru bit. And it was worth it to see David C. cracking up, David A. catching the shaving cream, and Ryan riding around on the carpet.

Jason's Hallelujah Part Deux: Awesome! I love this kid!!

Ummm...holy shit...David in his underwear.

Bo Bice!!

So those are the Jonas Brothers. Eh.

Way to backpedal, Simon.

David Cook FTMFW!!!!!!!!!

Awww...Loved the "That's my brother" at the end.

No one I've liked has ever won before. I don't know if this will be good or bad.

Well, I finally have my life back till January. It's been fun.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

Very happy that Cook won! He was the best this season, hands down. I also liked how brotherly he treated Archuleta after he won, truly wanting to share the moment with him. Very classy.

Oh, and I have a wallet chain. Not for fashion reasons, though. Just so I don't lose my wallet.

5/22/2008 8:46 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I couldn't have cared less who won, but I was glad it was Cookie, since you like him.

David Archuleta singing with One Republic was fantastic, though...and yeah, his "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me" on Tuesday night was in-fucking-credible.

OMFG...Jason last night. There are just no words. The closest I can get is "phenomenal", and even that doesn't do it justice. Wow.

5/22/2008 3:21 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Dim, By all accounts, Cook is a total mensch. I suppose a wallet chain is acceptable for practical purposes, just not as a fashion statement.

R, I love that One Republic song. I sort of wanted Archie to win so his dad won't beat his ass.

5/22/2008 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home