Monday, August 27, 2007

Stuff

Hi, everybody! (make sure you read that in a Dr. Nick voice.) I had my first online class tonight. It was pretty interesting; I like that format. For the next class I have to do an outline of my research paper that has to be at least 30 pages (gulp) and write a 3-5 paper on "Given the demographic changes in the United States, what will rural American look like in three years; what issues will it confront; and how will community libraries be affected?" I'm going to do my paper on public/school library combinations. I also have to finish my reading for my in-person class. We had to read 4 chapters, I've done 3; and 4 articles; I've done two. I'm a little overwhelmed, but I'm a Taurus. We put our heads down and plow through, which is the only way I was able to get through 3 chapters of that dry textbook. It's a dry as the Sahara (I was going to compare it to a part of an elderly woman's anatomy; be glad I spared you.)

I just realized that my work does match our contributions for our 401(k). Well, they match 50 cents on the dollar up to 6% and I contribute 8.5% because I want to retire by 50 (it could happen!). That was a pleasant surprise. And all this time I've been ranting about how my work doesn't match. Sorry, work.

That's it, I just had to get out of school mode for a little bit. I hope everyone is doing well.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH jesus, you're scarin' me. Good luck.

8/27/2007 10:29 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

i hope school continues to be great!

8/28/2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger B. said...

That's an interesting question you need to answer.

8/28/2007 9:43 AM  
Blogger StickyKeys said...

Oh goodness, that's some serious study lady. Well good luck!

8/28/2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I'm so proud of my studious best friend! Yay! I'm sorry your textbook is boring, although I'm sure you expected nothing less. I know you'll do extremely well in school - best of luck! :)

8/28/2007 11:17 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Good luck with everything!!

8/30/2007 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home