Saturday, July 07, 2007

Guilty Pleasure Saturday #10

Umm, yeah. Remember this? Unfortunately I wrote all the GPSs in one sitting and when I ran out I got lazy and didn't do any more. I heard the new Gym Class Heroes song, "Clothes Off," on the radio the other day. It samples Jermaine Stewart's "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off." I have an irrational love for that song. It's such a light breezy, song and it's ironic because of the fact that, as Annoyed pointed out when I mentioned a few months ago that I just realized it was a dude singing the song, Jermaine Stewart died as a result of a disease he contracted presumably while he had his clothes off. I HATE "Cupid's Chokehold" because first of all, you don't mess with Supertramp and second of all, if your boyfriend sings "Breakfast in America" to you, you should probably leave the relationship, yet "CC" is about how awesome his girlfriend is. It's the same ire I feel when people talk about how "The One I Love" is such a great love song. No. It's not. A simple lyric googling goes a long way, people. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be a simple prop to occupy anyone's time. "Clothes Off," on the other hand, rocks my world. I'm not a piece of meat; stimulate my brain:



And just for fun, Gym Class Heroes:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger StickyKeys said...

Fun fun! Great links, thanks!

7/09/2007 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home