Thursday, August 02, 2007

My Trip to Rusty's

I haven't been good at blogging lately, but I have to talk about my trip to Rusty's. I left at the asscrack of dawn on Saturday morning. The airport was 10 times as busy as it was the last time I went. I accidentally forgot to take my lighter out of my bag which caused the security guy to hold it up and yell, "Whose is this?!" Oops. Incidentally, they started allowing lighters on planes THE DAY AFTER I CAME BACK!!


I arrived in Charlotte at around 10 AM and Rusty and I went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. It was seriously the best Mexican food I've ever had. After stopping at Rusty's place to drop my stuff off, we went on a brewery tour. The tour guide was really bad, but it was cool to see the brewery. I tried some strawberry beer and some beer with no carbonation. They were decent, but as I said a few days ago, not a big fan of beer. After that we went to a drive-through safari. We bought a bucket of food to feed the animals and it was a total clusterfuck. The animals all acted like they hadn't eaten in years. An ibex shoved his head in my bucket and I couldn't get it away from him, so he proceeded to eat all my food. Rust was pretty pissed because she had just washed and vacuumed her car, which was now covered in dust and animal pellet particles. Later that night we went to see Ratatoille, which was adorable.


On Sunday we went took a boat tour of Lake Norman and saw some more of the expensive houses, including a house Burt Reynolds once owned. It was nice and relaxing. After lunch we went down to discovery place in Charlotte and saw the Body Worlds exhibit and an IMAX about the human body. We looked around the science center a little more, but Body Worlds and the IMAX were definitely the most interesting parts. After that was dinner and then some HGTV.


On Monday we went to Grandfather Mountain. The trip included a trip over the mile-high swinging bridge, which made me feel like I was in an Indiana Jones movie. The view was gorgeous. We went on a little hike and then headed home. We went out to dinner and then watched Hell's Kitchen.

I had to leave in the early afternoon on Tuesday, so we just went to breakfast at Denny's and went to Sterling Marlin's race shop. I decided Sterling was going to be my driver because he does and says dumb things. He was fired about 2 days after I chose him as my driver. Sorry, Sterling!

Sorry for the 2nd grade level writing in this post, I just really need to get it posted and am not in a writing kind of mood. Maybe I'll have some things to write about later!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

Glad you had a good time! Sterling Marlin? Geesh.

8/02/2007 8:43 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Sounds like a good Rusty weekend.

I'm imagining the drive-thru safari, and it's quite funny in my head. We need to get one of those here in Utah.

8/02/2007 11:25 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

welcome home.

That line about the safari and the animals eating like they hadn't eaten in days..ahahahahaha. We take our kids to a farm and its the same thing..but there are 100000's of people w/buckets of food. I don't get it!

8/03/2007 9:07 AM  
Blogger StickyKeys said...

Sounds lovely and exciting! Glad you had a fantastic time.

8/04/2007 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home