Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Good and the Bad

First the good. Two Ben and Jerry's flavors have pushed Phish Food out of my number one spot: Creme Brulee and Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. For weeks I debated getting the Creme Brulee, thinking it might be nasty, but I'm so glad I did. The texture of the caramelized sugar is perfect. Of course, it has been sold out for me since coffee is my absolute favorite ice cream flavor and I every week since I tried it. Coffee Heath Bar Crunch is a no-brainerloooove toffee. Of course, Vermonty Python, One Sweet Whirrled (which for some strange reason isn't in the list of current flavors or the flavor graveyard on their website; I know I didn't hallucinate it), Cherry Garcia, and Mint Chocolate Cookie (no green dye!) are also awesome. I've actually only had one flavor I didn't like: Chubby Hubby.

Now for the bad: There's going to be an Oprah store in Chicago.

B.: Per your request, a Knocked Up review is coming soon!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger StickyKeys said...

I'm not a huge fan of creme brulee, but I LOVE coffee! I can't wait to try it out.

What do you sell at an Oprah store? It's probably a front for a drug ring or something. At least I hope it is.

6/28/2007 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord! They used to have this flavor called Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz. MMMMmmm. I don't know what happened to it.

I once went to a Celine Dion store in Las Vegas. My German friend was in love with her so I had to get him something!

6/28/2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

that loaded cookie dough stuff I have been eating..(ie tons of it) rules my world right now.

6/29/2007 1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ironically, the Chubby Hubby was named by a woman from York, after her (probably hen-pecked) husband. Or so I've been told.

My favorite flavor EVER was Southern Pecan Pie. It was cinnamon flavored ice cream with a caramel swirl and pieces of not only pie crust, but also the gooey sugary part of pecan pie...not to mention pecans. I ate an entire little container in one sitting when we were at college, and felt reeeally sick afterwards!

6/29/2007 5:55 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

aww, man... don't get me started on B&J's ice cream. I LOVE the strawberry cheesecake (with graham cracker swirls). I gained at least 10 pounds this winter because I went through about two pints a week of that stuff. I think i blogged a while back about the B&J's store closing in State College. It was devastating.

6/29/2007 10:13 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Thanks, Jen. Rusty said it was really good, so I'm looking forward to reading your review.

6/30/2007 6:02 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Sticky: It's still worth a try. It has the good flavors of creme brulee without the weird custard consistency.

Funky: Good god! A Celine Dion store?!

March: Sounds like we're both going to gain 20 lbs.

Rust: The pretzels were soggy, which was nasty.

Gina: Thank god we don't have a B&J store here.

B: Your wish is my command.

7/01/2007 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home