Tuesday, June 05, 2007

No Meds Make Jen a Sad Girl

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I don't think anyone wants to be regaled with stories about how I cleaned my refrigerator and played hours of Diner Dash 2 this weekend. If there was ever a sliver of doubt in my mind that my depression is chemically-based, it's gone now. This is day 6 off of meds and I'm right back to where I was before I started taking them. I'm sitting here on the verge of tears and I'm not even PMS-ing. To quote the late, great Kurt Cobain, "I hate myself and want to die." I go back to see the doctor on Thursday, so hopefully he can find something that my insurance will pay for. I could go on a big, long rant about pharmaceutical companies, drug advertising, and making small changes to brand name drugs to prevent them from going generic, but I won't.

It's definitely better to be numb than depressed and I think I'll take what I can get as far as that goes.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

uggh that rots. Hope you get well soon.

6/05/2007 11:06 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I love you SO much, and can't wait to see you!! I won't hug you, because you don't like that, but I'll definitely be there to listen and commiserate.

Next weekend...

6/05/2007 3:34 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Yes, it is chemical and I never believed it until I experienced it first hand. I always thought people made it up to get attention or make excuses...I hope they can find you something that will help. :)

6/05/2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger j said...

That sucks, my friend--it is sad how profits are turned into slush money for lobbyists who then find ways to buy the political influence they need to keep the actual idea of helping people out of the equation of any legislation about health care.

Of course, I live in a country that does things a little differently--not perfectly, but still, I like it better.

J.

6/05/2007 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there.

6/05/2007 10:11 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I wish there was something I could say that didn't sound cliche or just stupid. I hope they find a solution for you soon. You don't deserve this.

6/06/2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Hey jenny. It's me meta. I'm so sorry about this. I hope things get better soon.

6/08/2007 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home