Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekend Update and Other Stuff

Chris and I were cat-sitting for his dad from Friday the 18th till this past Saturday. His dad actually has 4 cats, but this one is a senile old geezer and has to take pills twice a day so we had him at our house. He constantly (including all throughout the night) makes this loud noise that sounds like a child yelling "ouch!" I've never wanted to hurt an animal before this one. The only thing that kept me from punting him across the room was the fact that he was old and feeble and I felt bad for him. To add insult to injury, the damn cat sneezed in my face one of the times I picked him up to give him some lovin' in the hopes that he would shut the fuck up. He also spilled some of his food on the floor which caused about 100 ants to come rushing into our kitchen. I know he can't help that, but he's the cause of it. Chris gets up late, so I took the cat home early Saturday morning and it was one of the happiest days of my life. I was so conditioned by him that when I came home from dropping him off, I cringed as I opened the door because he usually started making that horrendous noise the second you walked inside. I definitely enjoyed the silence.

This is me, several years ago, trying to bludgeon him to death because of his annoying noises. We used to call him Red Rum; he sounded just like the kid in The Shining. Now his noise is even more annoying, which I didn't think was possible.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After I took him home I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up the Lexapro script that I had dropped off on Wednesday. I was informed that my insurance is refusing to pay for it and that the pharmacy had called my doctor's office. So why the fuck didn't anyone call me? I've been taking samples for a month, and my next doctor's appointment isn't until next Thursday. I'll run out of meds tomorrow. Nice. Hopefully I won't go through any withdraw. I wanted to take something different anyway. Lexapro just made me not give a shit about anything, which is better than being depressed all the time, but not as good as being happy.

After my pharmacy fiasco I came home and cleaned the house and then sat around sweating because it was about 88 and I'm too cheap to turn the AC on. That night I watched An Inconvenient Truth and felt bitter about the fact that Al Gore "lost" the election and the fact that people like my grandma weren't happy with Bush's first term but voted for him a second time because she felt he should be there to finish what he started.

On Sunday morning I went over to my parents' house and my dad and I washed and waxed my car, which was the atmosphere's signal to rain Sunday evening. I had my dad over in the evening for a cook-out because my mom is in Cincinnati visiting her sister.

Yesterday I went to Target to get the rest of L.'s birthday present and my dad's Father's Day golf balls. He gets golf balls for every occasion from me because I have no idea what else to get him. After that I came home and didn't do jack shit besides make dinner for the rest of the day, and it was awesome.

I've been trying to call the Giant Center box office to get tickets to see the Bears play game 2 of the Calder Cup finals this Saturday night, but I can't get through. I guess everyone else has the same idea. Hopefully this won't make a difference in how they play.

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! Please remember all the people who have given their lives to serve our country.

Labels: , , ,


Blogger March to the Sea said...

good luck to the bears..go see em!

My mother in law was in town w/her cat this weekend and i hate the thing. Up on the table, always trying to get outside etc. Drive me MENTAAAAAAAAAAAL!

5/29/2007 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home