Friday, February 02, 2007

TV Musings

If it weren't for being a completist, I would have no interest whatsoever in buying season 3 of The Office. I've been so unimpressed. Pam and Jim are pissing me off--their passive aggressive games are going too far. Jim's being a prick for leading Karen on, Pam is being a bitch for asking Ryan to set her up right in front of Jim, and Karen is being a doormat for staying with Jim after he told her he has feelings for someone else.

There were a bunch of things that make me thing the writers never watched the show before. Dwight's 99% sure that wasn't the real Ben Franklin? Dwight's not stupid, writers. Roy not wanting to watch the stripper? Completely out of character. Pam's talk to Jim about the importance of sleep was strange. I know it was supposed to be awkward but it was off somehow. Why was Packer there?

On to ER. If Ames shot himself in the head why were two shots fired? Did he miss the first time? WTF? That vice thing was so Saw-esque (side note: I got Saw III from Netflix yesterday--yay!). I can't imagine doing that. And why the hell didn't Luka try to get the gun from Gates?! Luka is a strong, healthy, strapping Croatian man and Ames has one arm in a sling and had a stroke.

I hate Sam's son so much. They could have killed him for all I care. I feel so bad for the poor old guy who was burned! The girl who plays Sarah is pretty good though. I'm ready for that whole storyline to be over too. I'm want some happy things to happen in the ER.

That's all for now; work just got insanely busy!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger i i eee said...

I still have to catch up on these shows.

Funny though, how with ER, I don't care if I read about an episode before I watch it -it's hard to spoil it for me, kind of like I already expect the episode to "spoil" itself for me.

I agree, why do happy things only happen on ER during the holiday season? And only to poor Dickens side characters?

2/02/2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

I felt the office was good. I love Packer...i wish he was on all the time. Roy is just growing up. It was still funny. Laughing it the adult store w/all the pixled images..so funny.

ER was just a groan fest. I thought Luka had a gun in his coat pocket all along. Perhaps he did and he made it look like a suicide? Its the show I/you/we love to hate!

2/02/2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

Ooh! You were able to upgrade to Google/Blogger/whatever the crap that's no longer in Beta?

2/02/2007 10:56 PM  
Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

Good call on The Office. I bet they are going to save the real Jim/Pam drama for the end. They're just stalling right now. I thought Michael video for his future son was good.

2/03/2007 11:10 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I have to agree with you about The Office. I still like it, but am no longer as impressed as I was. I thought the last new episode was pretty good, but Thursday's was quite weak. It seems like every time I feel convinced that the show is on an upswing, there's a disappointing episode. Anyway, the sleep conversation was just weird and they're really turning me against Jim.

For me the jewel in the Thursday night crown is fast becoming "30 Rock." That show just keeps getting stronger. Tina Fey is great and Alec Baldwin (excuse me while I fan myself), well, that doesn't hurt either.

Crap! I read the ER stuff and I haven't watched it. D'oh!!!

2/03/2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

meta: As someone on the message board I read said, "Even my dog knew what was going to happen, and he doesn't even watch ER."

March: I guess we should just count our blessings that one of the police helicopters didn't crash and kill Luka and Ames on the roof.

Noelle: Yeah, it finally let me.

Saule: I liked the part with Dwight (I mean Pam) wearing a bra.

Karen: I've really liked 30 Rock when I've seen it but usually by the time I get home, get my stuff done, and watch my Office tape it's time for ER so I only get to watch it on nights I'm home in time to see The Office live.

2/03/2007 7:53 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Karen, I LOVE 30 Rock! I just laugh and laugh, and I so need that by the time Thursday night comes.

I haven't seen the Office in a long time, and I can't say I miss it all that much from reading all of your reviews, Jenny. Too bad it went downhill.

2/04/2007 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home