Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fucking Winter

Oh my fucking god. I've always hated winter. The cold, the wind, the inconvenience of the snow, the fact that PennDot sucks ass at clearing the roads, the filthiness of my car that isn't worth washing because it'll just get filthy in 3 hours, the ice that makes it hazardous to walk in a normal fashion, the static electricity, the way my skin gets so dry and itchy that it wakes me up at night and keeps me up scratching and not even Gold Bond extra strength AND Eucerin will make it go away, the fact that the grocery stores are always out of bread, milk, and toilet paper whenever they're forecasting the slightest dusting of snow... But now I have a new reason--the worst reason of all. Our fucking pipes froze!

I woke up this morning, used the facilities, and started washing my hands. All of a sudden, the water stops running. Luckily everything in the toilet went down ok, but here I am in the bathroom with soapy hands and no water. Fuck!! I try the shower--nothing. Fuck!! I go downstairs and try the kitchen sink. I get a slight trickle; enough to rinse my hands. I call my neighbors to ask about their water and I hear a gush of water as she checks her faucet. Fuck!! I go outside to see if the spigot is working and the damn thing won't even budge. Fuck!! I'm dirty and stinky and my legs are hairy! I was going to be a nice girlfriend and make pancakes for breakfast! I have two loads of laundry to do! I was going to make chicken pie for dinner next week! I'm having gastro-intestinal issues from the pizza I ate last night and will require the ability to flush the toilet (I know, TMI!)! FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

*Update* YAY! My dad and I went at the pipe with my hair dryer and the water's working! Crisis averted. But still--fuck you, winter!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina Thompson said...

Well, I love winter, but I can understand your frustrations with it. I live in an old house (my boyfriend's) and shit like that is always happening here. It's frustrating. What you need to do is get a winter hobby. Like... skiing or something cheaper... sled riding! But right now there isn't enough snow for that.

And yeah, what the fuck is up with PennDot?

2/11/2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger j said...

My niece (in winnipeg--hellish cold for many months of the year) was telling me recently that her dad was down doing the hair dryer heating of the pipes, got them going, and after her sister's shower, she went to go have one, and in just a mere half-hour or so the cold had already frozen solid again.

I'm not in love with the rain here, but I'm glad we don't have freezing pipes cold more than once in maybe 20 years or so.

(and I can't even imagine you driving behind a snow plow clearing the fast lane, so maybe there's a blessing in disguies here...)

;-)

J.

2/11/2007 2:22 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I've never heard you use the word "fuck" so many times in one post.

Can I tell you how GLAD I am that it was 50 degrees here this weekend? (Um...perhaps you don't want to hear that right now...)

I'm glad the crisis was averted. Hope it doesn't happen again!

2/11/2007 7:23 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

That's awful. I am glad that the crisis was adverted though. :-) People here have the same problems, especially in the last 2 weeks w/these sub-zero temperatures. Stay warm!!

2/12/2007 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home