Sunday, June 04, 2006

Random

Last night Rusty, L, and I went to see The Break-Up. Roger Ebert gave it two stars, and while I agree with pretty much everything he said is his review, I don't think it was that bad. I loved the first fight between Brooke, played by Jennifer Aniston, who is on track but has a little further to go to lose her Rachel Green tendencies, and Gary, played by Vince Vaughn, because it mirrored fights Chris and I have had. I had very low expectations going into this movie, but I agreed to see it because I like Jennifer Aniston, and I LOVE Jason Bateman. I could have done without the first scene; I thought it took place after Gary and Brooke broke up, but I didn't find out till I read Ebert's review that that scene was the first time they ever met. It was incongruous, but it didn't ruin the movie.

Would I have had more fun getting my Jason Bateman fix by staying home and watching our Arrested Development DVDs? Yes. Does this movie have a snowball's chance in hell of winning an Oscar? Of course not. That said, it was entertaining enough and didn't offend my brain cells like some other movies have. I'm looking at you, Failure to Launch.

On to other topics, do you know what I really hate? Having to literally climb around in the freezer case at the grocery store to get what I want. I'm 5'1, so this is pretty much a weekly occurrence for me. Would it be that hard to move the stuff on the top shelf towards the front? This world was not made for short people.

I went to McDonald's for lunch today so I could get a free sample of their iced coffee. Meh.

Our newspaper is running a comics poll to help them to decide what goes and what stays. I'll take any chance I get to share my ire at Family Circus, and I'll also be extremely pissed off if they get rid of Zits, so I will be participating.

Thanks for the big response to the recipe blog! Rusty is working on finding a template for it since I just picked the basic white one, but I'm hoping to have Fattening Lard Bake up and running sometime this week. E-mail either of us with recipes or e-mail me if you want to be added as part of the group. By the way, Katiedid, vegetarian recipes are most welcome! In our home whenever I make a meatless meal I get, "Where's the meat?!" but someone will just have to deal!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger Birdie said...

I'm surfing through various blogspot blogs this fine Sunday morning. Just posting a Hello! I haven't seen The Break Up yet, but I plan to. thanks for posting your thoughts on it. Good luck with your new recipe blog! Cheers!

6/04/2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Welcome, Birdie! I shouldn't be worried about 2 blogs when you have 7!

6/04/2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

does ANYBODY like Family Circus?

6/04/2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

oh, this is random, but not sure where else to ask, so I'll just do it here. Where did you get the serach feature for your blog?

Thanks!

6/04/2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger j said...

Bleah--Family Circus.

I remember a number of years ago they did that in our newspaper. Didn't help--Family Circus, Marmaduke and Garfield were all still there afterwards.

J.

(DON'T GIVE ME THE "BUT I LIKE GARFIELD" RESPONSE PEOPLE! Seriously--he's been cranking that strip out for about 3 decades and he only has 3 story ideas--Garfield is fat and eats a lot, Garfield picks on Odie, Jon can't get a date. Hell, they made a movie of that)

6/04/2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

you forgot another theme (though similar to one you have) - displays of Odie's stupidity.

6/05/2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Family Circus sucks balls. Do you mean the Technorati thing on the sidebar or the thing at the top?

J: I voted for Cathy, Marmaduke, and Ziggy (Family Circus wasn't a choice in the online poll for some reason, but I made sure to write about how much it sucked). Garfield is dumb too. I'll get attacked for this again, but I also hate Peanuts.

Did anyone actually watch the Garfield movie of their own volition?

6/05/2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

The Technorati thing, but then I realized that blogger provides a search feature for the blog... that'll work. :-)

6/05/2006 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home