Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Gross

I had a massive case of writer's block over the past couple days (and was sort of busy, at least for me), but I have come back to bring you this: Cruise to Eat Nutritious Placenta. I know people do that, but seriously, that's nasty.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. On Friday I went out to eat with some people from work, and then came home and watched the old ER episodes where Carter causes his friend and roommate to throw himself on the subway rails. My Carter hatred knows no bounds and I would probably kill myself over living with him too.

On Saturday, Rusty and I went hiking, and as she will tell you in her more detailed post, I fell into a creek. After that we went to McDonald's, but it's totally ok because we burned way more calories than we ate. After we got back Saturday I didn't do too much because I was in too much pain to move, but I did get some laundry done and watched some of that show on Bravo about the real desperate housewives of the OC.

On Sunday we went for dinner at Chris's grandparents' house and then came home and watched the second half of Jesus Christ Superstar. I watched the first half on Saturday night as I was battling insomnia caused by my pain. Just FYI, it takes until Pilate's Dream for 2 Simply Sleep to kick in, although they're not strong enough that Jesus screaming at the people in the temple doesn't wake you up. After that we watched Clueless despite many protests by Chris.

Yesterday I was off work because of a completely pointless doctor's appointment. It was good though, because somehow I managed to lose 10 pounds since Christmas, and my blood pressure is 100/60. My bp has always been low, but this is the lowest it has been. I guess that's good. After that I went to Target and got some shorts and crappy T-shirts so I don't ruin decent stuff in case I fall into another creek on a hike. Then I did some random things in the afternoon including washing my car, which massively needed it. I also got a notice that my rent is going up starting in June. Greeeeeeat.

Today I'm back at work, and Rusty is coming over tonight to watch Idol, and for the first time I'm not looking forward to the show because I don't like standards. My only hope is that Ace wear a suit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

I have always loved your writing style.

10 pounds since Christmas? WTG!!!

Be careful out there. ;)

4/18/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I thought of you yesterday when I was watching Ellen. Bucky (?) was on her show!

4/18/2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger B. said...

EWWWWWWWWW! Placenta eating?!?!?!? How do you cook that, or do you eat it raw?

New tonight on 30 Minute Meals: Sauteed placenta with creamed spinach.

4/18/2006 6:55 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

LOL, thanks, DG.

Feather: I heard that he was on. I also heard that she looked bored while he was singing.

B: Someone on the radio said you cook it like liver and onions. I love spinach, but I think creamed spinach is just as nasty as sauteed placenta!

4/19/2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

I... am speechless. For once. Placenta eating. That's so, so, so Cruise. And to think there are people who think something as commonplace as sushi is gross.

4/21/2006 11:28 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Heh. I know people who think goat cheese is disgusting. I don't really see how it's any more disgusting than cow, but whatever. Mr. Cruise is on a downward spiral. I wonder if he'll ever achieve the Michael Jackson level of crazy...

4/22/2006 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home