Sunday, October 23, 2005

Jen vs. Box Elder Bugs


It's that time of year again. I'm scared of 99% of bugs, but luckily I'm not scared of box elder bugs. This is good considering we get a massive infestation of them in the fall and winter. They congregate on the front of the house, particularly the front door. Whenever you open the front door, the bugs that are hanging out in the door frame decide they want to come in the house. Every day I kill at least 5 of these damn things. We literally go through twice as many napkins during box elder time than we do during non-box elder time. Usually they pretty much hang out at the front door, but sometimes they get bold, as one did last night, and decide to scurry across the table as I'm eating dinner. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to break out my industrial size container of bug spray (it even comes with a hose!) and let these bugs know who's the boss.

5 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

Ew. It's creeping the heck outta me.

10/23/2005 9:00 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

My word verification is "myiota"...as in: My iota of wisdom concerning the box elder bugs is as follows. They are merely annoying and not at all scary. Had they 8 legs, I would hyperventilate every time I come to your house...but I will concede that they are extremely annoying.

I wish you luck in the Jen vs. Box Elder Bugs battle. (Or shall we call it Battle Box Elder Bug, a la Iron Chef? Wait! That would require cooking and eating them! But then, that's entirely possible on Iron Chef.)

10/23/2005 10:09 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I'm glad they're not scary or I wouldn't be able to open the front door like I can't open the back door because of the spiders.

10/24/2005 9:37 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Remind me never to open the back door of your house. I'd probably faint.

10/24/2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Be especially sure you don't do it when it's raining.

10/24/2005 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home