Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Idol Thoughts, the RAWK version

I won't be deleting this epi for a while.

Adam - "Whole Lotta Love" is in my top10 Zeppelin songs of all time. I was disappointed that the bass didn't come in during the second part of the riff. While Adam isn't quite up to par with Robert Plant, he was phenomenal and flawless. I said before, I believe in a comment on Dim's blog, that I wouldn't buy one of Adam's albums, but I'd see him on Broadway. If he did an album like that, I'd buy it. A+

Allison - I love Janis, but I'm not crazy about this song. I prefer "Try (Just a Little Bit Harder)". That said, I thought she did a good job, and I'm glad she went with Janis instead of Jefferson Airplane and I'm very glad she didn't do Piece of My Heart. She would have done it up good, but that song has been raped and murdered so many times on the Idol stage by smiling pageant girls (I'm looking at you, Carrie Underwood). A

Kris and Gokey duet - Danny, there's no melisma in Styx. Well, at least not in Tommy Shaw's songs. Loved the harmonies, hated the solos, and I'll admit that Danny was better than Kris. B+

Kris - I liked it and thought he did well on a week that wasn't in his "gendre" (tm Bo Bice). Will it pull him through to next week? Probably not. A-

Gokey - Ummm...Danny does Aerosmith's third single from their first album, released in 1973, and is told by Kara that he should have done an "older" Aerosmith like Cryin' or Crazy (Are those the 2 songs she said? I went a little ballistic after that comment.) which were released on their 11th studio album, in 1993? WTF?! Danny, there is certainly no scatting in Aerosmith. I thought it was pretty meh and he totally screwed up the scream. I think Steven Tyler has some kind of defect that allows him to do that. B

Adam and Allison duet - When I heard they were doing Foghat I was disappointed, but they pulled it out. They both sounded great individually and alone. LOVE them. A+

Will go? Chris
Should go? Gokey

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

Damn you (in a good way)! A lot of the stuff you said here, I had written down in my notes for the write-up! It's gonna look like I totally copied you!

- D.

5/05/2009 10:29 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Yeah, but your write-ups are more witty and well-thought out. Don't leave something out just because I wrote about it.

5/05/2009 10:47 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

Did you watch last night?

5/13/2009 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home