Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Idol Thoughts

Stupid show running 8 minutes over. I'm only going to write in detail about the 3 performances worth writing about:

Danny: This guy really grates on my nerves. I suppose the singing was ok, but all I can think about now when I see him is when he made fun of Matt's "Viva La Vida." B-

Kris: Good lord, of all the songs out there, you pick that?? They really need to stop performing in the audience. C+

Anoop: Technically good, but boring. B-

Scott: WTF? D

Lil: They finally called her out on her shitty lower register. C-

Allison: First of all, she was born in 1992. 1992?! They keep comparing her to Kelly Clarkson; sorry, but she's much better than Kelly. Even though she's 16, I felt that she was able to pull that song off in a way some of the other contestants wouldn't have been able to. A

Matt: Congratulations, Matt! You didn't bore me to tears tonight. Great song choice! (I loathe the phrase "song choice" like I loathe the phrase "skill set"). He lost a couple of the notes, but overall it was an entertaining, sexy performance. A-

Adam: This is one of my favorite songs of all time. I love what he did with the lighting and he sounded great. Adam's last 4 (yes, going back I find that I like "Ring of Fire" as well) performances have become some of my favorites in the 8 years that this show has been on the air. He's not even in the same league as any of these people. A+

Should go home? Lil or Scott, although I wouldn't mind getting rid of Danny too. Why don't we just have a mass elimination tonight?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

LOVE the idea of the mass elimination! Gokey, Lil, and Scott...see ya!

- D.

4/08/2009 1:54 PM  
Blogger B. said...

I also wouldn't mind a mass elimination, but instead of Gokey, let's send Anoop on his way since he'll be gone in a few weeks anyway. And while we're at it, let's send Randy and Paula home.


My verification is "turdsom." That would be a good Balderdash word. :)

4/08/2009 7:27 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

B., is that what you request when you are holding an outhouse hostage?

- D.

4/08/2009 8:13 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

glad I have no idea who you guys are talking about...

4/14/2009 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home