Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Idol Thoughts

Anoop - Hey Anoop, does Barry Manilow Michael Jackson know you raided his closet? I like Anoop, but that was pretty bad, and I think it was partially the fault of the backup singers; they were off their game tonight too. C-

Megan - Girl, I know you didn't just bastardize the song that is going to played during my first dance at the wedding I'm never going to have. Get her off this show!! D

Danny - Danny + Rascal Flatts = me not watching. N/A

Allison - I'm so sick of this song, but I really like what she did with it. The guitar was rather extraneous though. A-

Scott - Scott's doing Billy Joel. Of course he is. I do have to say that this is the first performance of his that I actually watched and somewhat enjoyed. B-

Matt - Hmmm, I actually enjoyed his performance and this is also the first time that I didn't fast forward through him. The judges hated it, but they're idiots. B+

Lil - Again, I don't think she's as good as everyone else seems to. And of all the songs she could have picked, she does Celine Dion? Who the hell listens to Celine Dion anymore? She did fine on the belting, although many singers can belt better, but the beginning of the song, where she needed to show some nuance, was horrible. C+

Adam - Now that's how it's done!!! I did have an eye roll when I heard he was doing this song, but I thought it was excellent. Adam is the only person I look forward to every week. And Kara, what's Studio 57? Is that a few doors down and across the street from Studio 54? A

Kris - So pretty, but the weasel 'stache was a little distracting. I love this song and I love what he did with it. I had another eye roll when he said he was trying to create a "moment," but I think he did, or if not, he at least came close. A-

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

I love the idea of doing letter grades with the performances! But I won't steal it.

Very good critique as usual and always appreciate a good, crossed out Breakfast Club reference!

- D.

4/01/2009 12:44 PM  
Blogger B. said...

I'm also digging the letter grades. Well done, Jen!
Since you don't watch Danny, I'll grade him for you...B+. :)

4/03/2009 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home