Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More Stuff

There still isn't too much interesting going on in my life. I got my results for the civil service exam and I applied to 4 different counties, but there are really only 2 where I would want to work. For York, 11 people did better than I did, 1 did the same, and 200-some did worse; in the other county 21 people did better and 645 did worse. So basically, I'm tied at 12th for the York list and I'm 22nd for the other list. But, like I said, it probably wouldn't be the right move for me to take this job right now. For one thing, I'd lose all my time off, and we do get massive amount of time off to make up for our lousy pay. For another, there would be a lapse in my insurance, and I have a dentist appointment and a couple doctor's appointments coming up, not to mention that I'm on a couple different meds, one of which is a psychotropic, and you generally don't want to randomly stop taking those.

School has officially started, and I am not in school mode yet. I had my school e-mail rerouted to my Gmail because my school e-mail is a pain to access and some e-mails from my professor ended up going to my spam. Luckily they weren't sent that long ago and I didn't miss any deadlines because of it, but I could have gotten an early start. I like to stay ahead of the game, because if I don't, I feel like I'm drowning. My professor is making podcasts for our online course, which is very nice. I used to have to sit at the computer listening to hour-long lectures and now I can put them on my MP3 player and listen to them while I watch dishes or do other inane things.

I'm definitely leaning toward starting a private blog. I have a bunch of things going on right now that I need to vent about, and I have a crew of awesome, supportive blog buddies. And it's cheaper than therapy! By the way, for those of you who have private blogs, I just did some catching up over the weekend. Bloglines refuses to show when private blogs update, so I had assumed people just stopped blogging.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

its funny how we all want to change jobs but when the time comes we really don't want to change jobs! I am/was in the same boat. More $$ perhaps but so much more a hassle for the next 6+ months until my "teeth are cut".

School starting..yeeeccck.

enjoy the rest of the good weather..we will be complaining about that soon enough!

maaachh

8/26/2008 11:39 AM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Yeah private blogs won't show up in any feeds which totally sucks. I forget to read them all the time.

8/26/2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

if you're not in school mode i'd be happy to jump in for you - i really miss going to school...

when my kids when back last week i wished i was 8 again.

9/01/2008 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home