Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update

I'm gonna make it short and sweet because I feel like I've told this story many, many times over the last 30 hours, but I didn't get the job. I knew as I was leaving that I probably wouldn't get it because it seemed like I didn't have the right experience that they were looking for, and I got a call from HR today confirming that. I really appreciate that they called me so quickly to let me know so I didn't have to wonder. I'm sort of annoyed that I wasted my time/ink/nice resume paper/gas running to a post office that hadn't picked up the mail yet to send thank you letters. Oh well. I'm scheduled to take a civil service on August 18, so we'll see how that goes. This weekend I get to go to Rusty's and I must get drunk at least one night to reward myself for going through the ups and downs I've had over the past few weeks.

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. I have the best blog friends ever!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

Well, rats! I guess there's a better job for you out there.

7/30/2008 9:59 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Ditto what B. said...you may not have had the experience they needed, but I still contend that they've missed out on a fantastic employee.

*hugs*

Remember that I love you. Can't wait to see you in two days!

We'll definitely get drunk...no worries there. :P

7/30/2008 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man! Maybe they'll take you when you've got the right experience. It was nice of them to call so soon.

Have fun getting drunk!

7/30/2008 10:32 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

I agree with the others...that sucks, but there's something else better for you out there.

- d.

7/31/2008 7:42 AM  
Blogger j said...

I remember getting bummed when something similar happened years ago, but it was the getting my hopes up after he interview that didn't pan out that was the impetus to quit a job I might have stayed in otherwise--which led to a better job than the one I was disappointed that I missed.

Good thoughts going your way...

7/31/2008 11:56 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

a**holes! If I had a job to hire you for I would..and it would rule.

Keep your chin up..it only makes you fight harder!

-march

8/01/2008 10:20 AM  
Blogger StickyKeys said...

Don't worry about it Jenny! At the very least you had the opportunity to make a great impression on someone who could provide you with another opportunity down the road. You also honed up your interviewing skills so the next time you'll be a shoo in.

Keep your head up high!

8/01/2008 9:03 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I've been going through some ups and downs myself...and since I don't drink anymore, I'm thinking about buying a really expensive purse.



:)

8/03/2008 10:38 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

PS.

Sometimes though, the Midori Sours call me at night.

8/03/2008 10:39 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

yo Jenny....I got my order for for Providence B's...I am gonna go see the B's SLAP the bears in January...

yeeeah

8/12/2008 11:48 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

sorry. their loss!

8/13/2008 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home