Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Squee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit! I have an interview for my dream job!!

As you may remember, we were bought out effective July 1, and they have all these plans for me that they think I like, but in actuality, they blow. So I was putting my feelers out on Friday evening and found a Clinical Research Associate position at a local hospital. I thought, "I'm probably under-qualified, but what the hell?" I come home from work yesterday and have a message that the physicians are interested in meeting with me and would like to set up an interview. I was so excited I was shaking! This job would kick massive ass! I would be using my mad librarian skillz to help ER docs to research. I didn't get the message till after 5 yesterday, so I have to call after 8 this morning to set it up, but it just so happens that I took off Friday and Monday since Rusty came home. Everything's coming up Jenny!

It wouldn't be me without the downsides: I have to treat very lightly at work about this because with the merger they have to get rid of some people. They're not getting rid of me, but if this got out to the wrong people, well... Also, I have to go buy appropriate interview attire and I'd rather be torn limb-from-limb by a pack of wolves than go clothes shopping. I had 3 dreams about this last night: 2 were that I didn't get the job and 1 was that it only paid $20K. Wish me luck/pray/meditate/send me good vibes; I'll keep you posted!

On another note, I'm going to copy B. and open the blog to any questions about anything. I read March's questions to her and was like, "I want to answer those questions!" So ask away!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

Congrats on the interview!! Make sure you let us know how everything turns out.

I'll try to think of some questions for you in the meantime.

- D.

7/16/2008 8:44 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

**sends along the positive vibes**

Okay here are my questions.

1. Do you recycle as much as you think you can?

2. If you could have any band play a party for you who is it and why?

3. When you were a kid what job(s) did you want?

4. You see a person fall..do you laugh?

5. Chewy Chips Ahoy or regular crunchy ones?

6. What is the oddest thing you "knowingly" ate?

7. If you drink coffee, how do you like it prepared?

8. If we were dating, and I said you can't watch american idol any more would you break up with me? remember..i'd be the most awesomest B.F. ever..so keep that in mind..

9. What is your favorite artifical flavor?

10. You are at a salad bar..what "bad" things do you put on the salad?

GO

7/16/2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger B. said...

How exciting! I hope the interview goes well and if it's what you want that they hire you.

I'll have to think of some questions for you.

7/16/2008 10:40 AM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Best of luck!

7/16/2008 12:10 PM  
Blogger B. said...

If you had to change the name of your blog, what would you change it to?

Name 3 things you can do better than the average person.

7/16/2008 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and much luck! I just got a new job too! Let's squee together. I'm finally working in a library. If I can do it, you can too! I, too, had to go emergency clothes shopping and ended up wearing a monkey suit (I mean it looked ridiculous) but it got me the job! So you'll be fine.

7/16/2008 11:06 PM  
Blogger j said...

Wow--that job sounds great. Keep us posted.

7/20/2008 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home