Friday, May 30, 2008

Grass and Weed

Today is a day of great rejoicing!! My landlord, who had not mowed (mown?) our lawn for 5 weeks, finally mowed today!!!!!! The grass was up to my knees and the weeds were past my hip. Plus, I found a tick on my head while I was on the phone with Rusty last Saturday. Nasty!!

I'm leaving you with a joke I heard on the radio:

A man met a little girl and asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. She replied that she wanted to be the first female president. He asked her what party she was going to belong to and she replied that she was going to belong to the Democratic party. The man asked her why she wanted to be a Democratic president and she replied that she wanted to help the homeless. The man told her that she didn't have to be the president to help the homeless; in fact, he was going to pay her $5 to clean up dog poo in his yard. He told her she could then go give the $5 to the homeless people to put toward a house. The little girl thought about this proposition for a little while and then asked, "Why don't you just have the homeless people pick up the poo and give them the money directly?" The man replied, "Welcome to the Republican party, my dear."

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

That tick thing was nasty as all hell! Blech! I'm so glad your landlord mowed...think he'll keep it up over the summer?

I know next to nothing about politics, so that's my reasoning behind the pathetic statement I'm about to make but, uh...I don't get that joke.

*is embarrassed*

6/01/2008 6:56 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

It's basically making fun of the welfare system, which the Democrats support. We poor saps go out and work all day and then our tax dollars go to welfare for people who can't (or, in a lot of cases, unfortunately, won't) work. The girl's idea of having the homeless people do the work themselves is more of a Republican idea.

6/01/2008 8:52 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

that joke should be required reading for every poli sci class...

7/04/2008 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home